Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Words...

Options
  • 18-10-2001 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

'In the beginning was the word , and the word was with God, and the word was God'. The Gospel according to St.John, Ch.1.

That thar is probably the best known quote about words in the whole of the bible reading word.

Words. Words? Words!

Yes...they mean so much to us. Foundation of society as we know it.

Just imagine a world without words.

Go on do it.

Impossible, isn't it.

So, I'm starting this thread after the inspiration of ALASKAGIRL.

Words all have meanings. There are words for everything. Even word itself is word.

Words being so important and all, I want you all to bring along your amazing and rodomontade words.

Pull out your dictionary and start browsing for words of any meaning at all. And then post 'em up here with details galore!! Origins etc.

So, I'm gonna close with a word that you've probably already seen somewhere in this post...

rodomontade = boastful, proud.

Stay tuned kiddos,

Mike the Insomniac...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

ah! ah hah! MY word! (kiddos). you used my word! i say that word! hmmmmm.... suspicioso. my next word of the day is GLABROUS and i think it means not bearded. for example: i am glad to be glabrous. now i must go for i have a gargantuan load of devoirs (homework). toodles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Quakebuttock

"To be so fat that one's posterior wobbles whilst one moves"

+
    Gandalf
    +

"Relaxen mit watchen der Blinkenlights"

Advertisement