Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New friends at the National Competitiveness Council

Options
  • 19-10-2001 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

never heard of the "National Competitiveness Council" before - from reading http://www.onbusiness.ie/2001/1018/economy1.html sounds like some PD funded think-tank to me, but they're on side...
    He said that one of the areas that the National Competitiveness Council is particularly concerned about is telecommunications where many small users, including many small businesses, still have no access to broadband services.

'We have set ourselves the objective of being a hub for e-business', Mr. Patterson said. 'But how can that be possible when we do not have competitive broadband access at this late stage.'

and hey - if this has been posted before, sue me

edit: ok so it was mentioned in another thread (the dropping of legislation one) earlier today. silly me for not checking there first. obviously that's where i would have expected to find it. hmm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

The NCC is part of the overall social partnership structure.

It includes representatives of employers and Congress and has a lot of credibility with Government, the opposition and the media.

Having them on side is very useful.

Forfas, the Industrial Policy Agency, provide the secreatriat to the NCC and can be counted on to share the same views and to have done research leading up to this recommendation.

I would suggest a meeting between members of the committee and Forfas would be timely.

We should use the NCC statement to shaow that "parking" the Communications Bill is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i think they are the ones, that first suggested the sale of cablelink from eircom and rte

Advertisement