Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 4

Options
  • 19-10-2001 12:25pm

I just got my first look at Tekken4 on the PS2,and i must say it looks absolutly nothing special !It plays the same as all the other Tekkens but it does have new characters.I few new moves that look impressive first time you see them but its the same old punch the guy in the air and keep their by just punching him kinda like keeping a football up !They have howandever thrown in some realism in the way you can throw you opponent into walls and break them but thats about it.They game lacks origionality which is needed with other fighting games that are coming out .;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Well if thats what you think then the namco have
    once again ****ed up a great series for the sake
    of joe public.
    Tekken 4 was dramatically changed from 3 and tag
    to allow for the more "muppety" players to be happier in their "realism" and "walls" and crap.
    Its not even close of the technical genius that is tekken tag dispite what most think.
    Besides that, how exactly did you get a look at
    tekken 4 on a ps2 when namco hometek haven't even
    released a demo of it running on the machine.

The system 246 arcade release will be probably exactly the same , still tho , you couldn't have seen it on a ps2....

Very true ! But all you have to do is buy the latest version of playnation mag and you can watch the gam in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Image is nothing
    Gameplay is everything

The differences between the first 3 tekkens is miniscule apart from graphic tweaks, player changes and whatever silly extra game you get to play. The important changes come with increasing the speed between the tiny, tiny lag from pressing the button to something happening on screen, collision detection and other such stuff that you only notice after playing a while. (or probably instantly if you're Shinji ;) )

Anyway, with tekken tag there are virtually no noticable triangles or jaggies. The models used are near perfect so tekken 4 will have a hard time rendering Nina's árse any better.

From the few screenshots I've seen (from the arcade version) it seems they're concentrating more on lighting and reflective surfaces this time. Also you can't tell from a screenshot how smooth/fluid the animation is or not.

Besides Tekken 4 will advance the long awaited "story line"...
    AHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaAAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Advertisement