Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Privacy board?

• 19-10-2001 1:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Since we're asking for new boards, I wonder where you could put a Privacy forum? It kinda ties in with Security, but it's not exactly Tech. Then again, neither is Security I guess, but there ya go. How about making Security "Security/Privacy"?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

But surely you would then be making something that is private and turning it into the public domain?!

Does that not defeat the purpose? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Smartarse. :)

Actually, thinking about it afterwards, the reason I posted wouldn't fit into privacy either. Errah, it's such a wide area - security, crypto, privacy, etc - you simply couldn't sum it all up in one short phrase.

Forget I ever mentioned it. Go about your business. :)

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dahamsta posting something useless, non-informative and less then 12 lines long?! will wonders never cease?! lol :) only joking mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

tsk, it's a shame that Digi Tilmitt can't read posts longer than 5 syllables, I really would liked to have heard an informative discussion on this topic.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I product this service and/or endorse:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=296509&t=5611#post296509

How about a Microslop board for me to bitch about The Beast? I can do Intel too!!

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Issues of Civil Liberties will increasingly come to prominence in terms of International Policies post WTC etc. and Given the govts ever likelihood to introduce more stringent and intrusive ways of spying on us and thus will be refelected in the Technology we use.

However (excuse ignornace as not being a regular poster over there) but does the security bd. not cater for this??

If it doesn't, could you incorporate a privacy into it??
    [I hope I'm on track for what you mean here Adam?]

Heh, right so, can we please have Security changed to Security, Privacy, Cryptography, Civil Liberites, Conspiracy Theories, Black Helicopters & M$ Bashing. Thanks very much. :)

Seamus, bugger off, I often... oh, right... eh... fair point, well made.

80p, you're a sophistical rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Hur hur

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by dahamsta

80p, you're a sophistical rhetorician inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.
    Hur hur
    adam
    I dont know whether to take that as a complement or what??

You have to remember I'm studying law so I'm reading, writing and listening to all this verbose use of the english languge constantly. Its only natural I find it hard to turn off. My old Man criticises me for it though- he thinks I over complicate things- which is probably true to a certain extent. ppl should just remind me to turn off legal mode when I get home from college:)

Neway- I'd like to an expansion of the security board but I'll be expecting your support for the new 3rd level bd.:p:p

I dont know whether to take that as a complement or what??

Take it as "what". It was a joke.

Neway- I'd like to an expansion of the security board but I'll be expecting your support for the new 3rd level bd.

'Fraid not. I never went to college, much to the annoyance of my old man. And most of my collegey friends are in the "yah" set, which gets on my tits, so you won't be seeing me in there. Good luck with your venture though. :)

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm gonna contact the ICLU and see if they would support a Civil Liberties board, in the mean time I think I'll talk to X_OR about changing the security board to Security/Crypto.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As far as I'm concerned, issues about privacy and topics such as crypto both fall under security and I'm quite happy to have them discussed on the security board. For that matter, Quality Assurance, reverse engineering, Business Continuity planning, risk management, penetration testing, threat analysis, intrusion detection and probably a load of other topics I'm forgetting would also be considered relevant by me. I know people like to talk about patches and virii and firewalls a lot, but I see security as being a lot broader, and if you have topics relevant to the above to discuss I'd like to see them on the security board.

Advertisement