Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderatorship.

• 19-10-2001 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

I was looking through the beta5.2 lan post on the cs boards and saw that KAIDS is a community board moderator. I was also wondering if anyone who visits this board would have an objection to me becoming a moderator.

I think I'd be capable of moderatorship...I mean its not like we get muppets around here...

I check these boards twice daily! COME ONE! GIMME MODSHIP!

Reply please.

Tell me if you think I should(n't) moderate..

-Drake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yeah, I think Drake should get moderatorship, he was admin for my forums, which is down atm, and he behaved very well, no muppetry from him, :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

While I wouldn't object, I do think that your reason for becoming a moderator is wrong. I also don't think that the board needs more than one moderator. There has been a severe lack of muppetry on this board so there doesn't seem to be a need for two.

If a second moderator post does turn up then yes you have my vote, otherwise I don't see the need.

Peace

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well im very sorry but Im going to have to be a bastard and point a few things out here...

Firstly, Kaids is a community moderator, either because he's the moderator of a "Community Board" (Shock, horror), or a clan board... The Game Editing Board is no longer regarded as a "Community Board" anymore... (Anyone notice my title say's "Moderator" and not "Community Moderator"?)

Secondly, there is already another un-noted moderator here, which Cloud indicated in his email to me before he assigned me as moderater, so another mod makes three...

You said it yourself Drake...
    I mean its not like we get muppets around here...
    So why would we need another admin!?

Don't take this as a personal attack, I'd wager you'd be a good moderator, and we'd liven this place up :D but seeing as we have two mod's, and we have little need of anyone actually doing much "Moderating" here, we really don't need to swell the ammount of moderator's we already have... Are you indicating that Im incapable of moderating this board!? :p:D Joke, sorry... Anyway... If you want to persue this, then get Cloud's email address and ask him - Or even post on the Admin Board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by DRakE
    I check these boards twice daily! COME ONE! GIMME MODSHIP!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

IMHO, I think Drake should definitely get a Moderatorship.
    He's one of the best Irish Mappers I've seen, isnt a muppet, and can clearly MOD as stated by Demeant0r.
    It doesnt matter if he is needed or not, the day might come when he is needed but he no longer wishes to take up the position.

Also, if he were given the position he could inspire/promote this forum and create work for himself.

Truth is, if he wants it, whats to stop him from getting it, "Cos there is no demand" ?
    Pfffft.
    Ivan
    P.s. DBC, STFU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Ivan
    IMHO, I think Drake should definitely get a Moderatorship.
    He's one of the best Irish Mappers I've seen, isnt a muppet, and can clearly MOD as stated by Demeant0r.

Also, if he were given the position he could inspire/promote this forum and create work for himself.

Truth is, if he wants it, whats to stop him from getting it, "Cos there is no demand" ?
    Pfffft.
    Ivan
    P.s. DBC, STFU

Omg thanks! Also DBC wtf is wrong with you? You don't have to be a muppet ffs. I simply requested moderatorship for this board, as it was me+rope's idea to have it/create and irish mappibng community in the first place.

Thanks again Ivan,

Drake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i was merely commenting on how saying "COME ONE! GIMME MODSHIP!" is not the way to get it :)

oh well, what the hell....

flame.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Oh no, a bushfire! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1-Scrappy-1

Drake = gets my vote

by giving him my vote, in return i expect to get some really helpful tips on mapping in the near future :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

lol

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I think it would be good for a fellow mapper (An excellent one at that) becoming a Moderator, and I think Drake should email Cloud (Like I said earlier), but the thing is Cloud won't look at it like we do - You don't get to be a moderator just because you're a good mapper (Unfortunately :( )

What you need is a few good idea's on what you'd like to do on this board to spice it up, that's what I done - Never asked to be a moderator, I just emailed the powers that be and gave a rake of new suggestions, and now look at the board - It's been livened up nicely and I was given the ultimate task of keeping this place clean and tidy, and if there is muppetry, im the one who has to report it, after smacking it around a bit with a large trout...

My suggestion is... Email Cloud, tell him you're a responsible lad who has a few idea's / suggestions, and then let her rip! I hope that helps you on your quest, young Jedi, Im really lonely up here ;):D

And now for something completely different...
    Seeing as this may quickly degrade into a nasty shower of napalm and flaming, im going to lock this thread... Nothing to see here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement