Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

withhold payment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»

Originally posted by NeilF

IrelandOffline is about three things, which you'll find on the web page. It is entirely conceivable for someone to avail of some ADSL product from Eircom and still support our goals. To make it out to be some sort of treachery is daft. This is not an anti-Eircom association.

how can you think that, it underminds our cause to take such a bad offer, its saying, as per ususal, were not united and were going to take it.

Have a look at the objectives page on our web site. What NeilF said, as quoted by you, «Bo§ton», is absolutely correct. So when you ask "how can you think that?" - he can think it ... because it's true.

We should be focused on getting the services in place first of all - only then can we effectively campaign on pricing issues. Complaining about the cost of a non-existant product is ridiculous! Let's GET ADSL first - THEN worry about the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

A couple of things.

First, Boston, dont tell me when and how i post, just because i try to correct the wild roumor and speculation that seems to be rife amongst folk like yourself doesnt mean that i am working against Ioffls cause.

Secondly, Ioffl have a committee who i fully support. We elected them and re-elected them. They do a fine job. To date, the things that have got Ioffl the most publicity and impact have been things that they have organised and co-ordinated. If we were to rely solely on ideas that cropped up on this forum, we would be doing time for petrol bombing eircoms hq. Good ideas do crop on the forum, unfortunatly so do stupid ones like witholding payment from eircom for an illegal length of time.

Thirdly, for as long as i can remember now i have been thinking "God, i wish i had DSL or Cable". Before Ireland Offline was set up my fingers were black and blue from ringing, writing and e-mailing NTL, Eircom and Esat in the hope of garnering information. When this forum was set up , one of my first posts was about DSL. Ive waited for this service and i FULLY defend my right to pay for it. YES, the price is ridiculous, YES the cap is unbelievable and YES i subscribed to it. This is BECAUSE i talked big about it, i want ADSL and im willing to pay for it.

In between bouts of 'sitting on my backside and doing nothing', i managed to attend the odd Ireland Offline meeting and at one the ethos was loud and clear "Service first, Price second". Now that we have it (and personally i think that Ireland Offline helped in bringing DSL to at least some areas of Dublin) We can work on getting the price down and a wider coverage of the country.

Finally, I dont pay eircom by DD, i pay most of my bills over the internet (suprise surprise). Cancel your DD's all you want, but to tell you guys the truth, if you REALLY want to make a statement - Cancel your Eircom account. Then you wont have to pay them at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cancel your Eircom account.

Oh gods, if only that was an option... :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

"Good ideas do crop on the forum, unfortunatly so do stupid ones like witholding payment from eircom for an illegal length of time. "

what's up with you and your legal ,illeagl BS and that's what it is pure and simple BS, read the post ,reread the f*cker if you have to but don't misquote it,

"In between bouts of 'sitting on my backside and doing nothing"

you can whistle that through your ass cause it's true,

"but to tell you guys the truth, if you REALLY want to make a statement - Cancel your Eircom account. Then you wont have to pay them at all."

Amen Brother.

Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dustaz
    First, if I cared how you posted on this forum, you would have heard about it along time ago. I will say, you tend (from what ive seen) to have an aggressive attitude to wards people. Were all meant to be friends here.

Second, your story, ive lived it myself, as have many others here.

Third, I have canceled my eircom account; I only pay them cps charges.
    There’s a big difference between paying eircom £100 directly and paying them £30 connection fees. Not much but if every one here did the same it would hit them harder then you think, we don’t need to defeat eircom just get them to move a little.

Bard, I see your point. Any broadband service could start the ball rolling, and lead to better things, and I expect that business users have to do what they have to do, get their priorities straight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 angryuser

To put this whole argument into proper perspective, I hope ? I would suggest that everybody (all 2000 +) sign up for Spirit ?
    When Esat gave me the boot, I signed up for Eircom again, BUT I signed up with Spirit for ALL calls everywhere, except local calls.
    This means I get Eircom internet (regretably) on their low call number, but every other call, on both phones, get paid to Spirit.
    So, my bill from Eircom is VERY small, and they get less money from me than they normally would. If EVERYBODY did this, it is legal and WOULD hit Eircom, for sure. As an aside my telephone bills have dropped dramatically as the Spirit prices are almost incredibly low !!! (Half hour to the USA for a few pence, etc:)
    Come on everybody, give it a shot ??

Advertisement