Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows install problem

• 20-10-2001 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I've got WIN NT 4 Sp 5 and i'm trying to install WIn 98 and i can't do it from Nt itself and i can't find dos either so does anybody know how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Try booting from the CD. Set your BIOS to boot from the CD, and throw in the install media.

Careful not to delete your NT partition if you want to keep your data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Before you do that check that the boot partitions is FAT16 first.
    If it is then make a repair disk from inside Winnt First, START / RUN / 'RDISK /S'. This will come in handy if Win98 overwrites your NT bootloader (Ie. you'll lose the menu at the start sometimes). If that happens then Run Winnt setup as if you were installing again but tell it you want to repair the installation and insert your disk when asked, untick all options except Examine Boot Loader (menu or whatever, its been years since I saw it). This will repair NT's bootloader and add Windows 98 as an option to the Boot Menu.
    It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

ok i'll give it a go. Thnxs lads

Advertisement