Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How this board will work...

Options
  • 20-10-2001 2:57pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New users can post questions here and hopefully the community will help them out...

From that we can make one big sticky thread which will be our FAQ.

I started to write an FAQ but its a huge amount of work and I thought, many hands make like work and besides I'm hungry. :)

I'll be policing this area as I dont want it to descend into anarchy and in-jokes.

Also, existing members feel free to post a question and then answer your own question. Its the only way we'll get the FAQ up to speed quickly...

Please post separate questions as separate threads.

Remember, please post the question as the subject (not just one word) to make it easier to scan for the answer needed.

So: "How do I put images in my sig? "
    As opposed to "Sigs".

Thanks,
    DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

how does the whole star rating thing and cool newbie / fast thingey etc work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

You get more stars and an increased "rank" whenever you reach certain post levels, Moderators and Admins have a set amount of stars and a set rank. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, it's only supposed to be a bit of fun :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Moderators and Admins have a set amount of stars and a set rank

so No. of posts and length of time on Boards.ie has 0 to do with being a Mod???

And who might it be who decides these stars and ranks??? Dev???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by DeVore

I started to write an FAQ but its a huge amount of work and I thought, many hands make like work and besides I'm hungry. :)

If u want Dev i'll throw one together for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

so No. of posts and length of time on Boards.ie has 0 to do with being a Mod???

Well mods need to have been around long enough to know what they're doing, and for people to know they're not a muppet, before they're made a mod, but other than that it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Please post separate questions as separate threads.

Also, please post the question as the subject (not just one word).

So: How do I put images in my sig?
    As opposed to "Sigs".

mmmkay?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

how about FAQ's for each board aswell
    eg - on some boards its ok to post hugh images ie art/humour but to throw them into humanities etc is a bit OTT.

also a good acronym guide might go down well

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Keeks I might well take you up on that! for now, lets try and collect the raw data. So far so good, I'm dead impressed people are getting stuck into it. I'm going to add a link to the FAQ board into the welcome mail too...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by DeVore
    Keeks I might well take you up on that! for now, lets try and collect the raw data. So far so good, I'm dead impressed people are getting stuck into it. I'm going to add a link to the FAQ board into the welcome mail too...

DeV.

the offer still stands!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

stupid question time... the asterisks that appear in some of the drop down menu's.. are they denoting a new thread or new message or what are they for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

stupid question time... the asterisks that appear in some of the drop down menu's.. are they denoting a new thread or new message or what are they for?

yep
    new messages

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

thanks, thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mocar

What is a sticky thread please? Its probably obvious but has totally gone over my head.

Thanks
    mo

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Originally posted by mocar
    What is a sticky thread please? Its probably obvious but has totally gone over my head.

Thanks
    mo

a sticky thread is one that is "stuck" by an administrator or a moderator to make the thread "stick" at the top of the forum!
    where as other threads will slide down the list when they are not used anymore.

Advertisement