Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"12 clicking"

Options
  • 20-10-2001 3:15pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Q: What is 12-clicking? being "12'ed"? etc...

A: We once had a muppet come to boards who thought that by continuously creating accounts he would thwart our attempts to get rid of him...
    Actually its very simple for us to blow away accounts like that and I figured it *had* to be simpler for us to delete them then for him to create them (given we would also ban his email account).
    I decided to count the number of clicks that it took for me to ban him. the answer was 12.

Hence, being 12-clicked means to be banned from Boards.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

AH, didn't know that. I thought that was a BBS standard, not some cool l33t boards.ie reference :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I always thought 12 clicked was more serious then just being banned.

From what I remember of my boards history is if you manage to come back after a 12 click Devore rings you up at home and speaks to your mum, or your boss. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its been known to happen that I'll turn a blind eye to people returning under a new name and a blank slate.

Its also been known for me to concoct all sorts of ways to hit back at people who cause trouble. Glenstal is my fav tho :)

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

But of course 12-clicking is deprecated with vBulletin. Jelsoft made deleting the tossers much easier... :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Any chance of the Glenstal thing being written up?

It was before my time, and though I've heard bits and pieces, I've never heard the full story.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its on the music board, look for Glenstal on that board and you should find it.

Muppets name was VIOLANT RAGE [sic]

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ah class :)

Advertisement