Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Card

• 20-10-2001 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to find out what my sound card is called so i can't get any drivers for it to work so does anybody know how to find out

btw i have Win NT 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

erm look at it,open the case and read what it says on the card.

Are you sure winnt is what you need?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

i have opened it but couldn't find it. where would it be around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Its the card that your speakers are plugged into. It will have a column of 3.5mm sockets for mic, line in, line out/spk, and usually a 15 pin D joystick port.

However, you may have onboard sound where the connectors are on a riser card or on the panel used for kb/mouse/USB/serial/parallel - in that case you should check your motherboard manual or manufacturer's web site for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

err yeah the thing your speakers plug into????

look on the card, get the model number off it, type that in in deja.com and you'll have the details then.

if it's on the mobo just ****in replace it cos onboard audio is the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

i was thinkin' of buying a new sound card cause it was working b4 and it was ****e so any brand or whatever is good and cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

depends what yer after in a card.
    What do u use it for?

I've used just about every card I can think of off the top of my head, so maybe I can help ;)

Personally running an sblive platinum 5.1, but putting an audigy in there soon.

Get a basic card. live if u can (they come fairly cheap for just cards, espesh if you get an OEM one).

Advertisement