Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voodoo 2 question

• 21-10-2001 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

i recently got a voodoo 2 graphics card, and was wondering if anyone could help to give me tips on tweaking it to get as much out of it as i can. i know where to go, but im unsure if ill do damage by clicking on things i dont know about.......

anyone with tips please e-mail me at:
    flogenh@yahoo.com

thank you very much.
    Flogen Hasapopen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ditto that, almost. Just bought a voodoo 3 3000, have the latest drivers for it, running nicely. Crashed the machine once already, so I wasn't impressed with that... but it lets me play quake 3, so I'm content. :)

Higher framerate would be nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Jeez.

Be one of the cool kids.

Buy a GeForce3! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

And where would a peniless student get the money for that, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'm presuming it's still up there, the single best upgrade you could get for the V2 is the WickedGL drivers from www.wicked3d.com . They greatly improved OpenGl performance from what i remember.
    Other than that have a look at 3dfiles and see if they still have VoodooTweaker . For speed make sure to disable things like Vsynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

no no no...the best upgrade for a V2 is to give it a brother and link them in SLI, almost 100% more powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by phaxx
    And where would a peniless student get the money for that, eh?
    Get a job! ;)

Advertisement