Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Dimension...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

how much did all that set you back if you don't mind me asking??

and yeah, you probably should have got RDRAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You would have been better off getting 256 megs of rdram, and another 256 in a while if you need it. PC133 reduces the performance of the p4 by around 20%. Of course dell aren't going to tell you that, which is why you should do your research first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hmm.. well, 20% down on performence will probobly still look amazing to me, compared with the p2 300mhz I'm on now. I'll buy some RDRAM when I can, and I'll put the SD into this mechine when that happins.

as for the cost.. heres the full spec of what I ordered from dell...

P4 - 1.7Ghz
    128MB SDRAM
    60GB HD
    19" Monitor
    64MB GeForce3
    Sound Blaster Live 1028 (or what ever its called)
    basic speakers
    56k modem
    3Com Network card

...I think thats mainly it, and it cost IR£1,905.60 incl. delivery / vat.

I also bought a DV Capture card, another harddrive (40GB) and a set of 4.1 surround speakers from peats. The extra ram came from shop4memory.com (3x 256mb SDRAM).

Still waiting for that damn Dell though. How long do these bias usualy take?

<edit>
    dell just called, said the delay was with the monitor and I should have it by next monday / tuesday. :(
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bitch[LuDo]

Yeah mine was delayed a bit when i got it too but in the end it was worth it :)

My spec was:

P4 1.5ghz
    256 Ram
    80 Gig Hard Drive
    32mg Ge-force 2 ultra
    19" Monitor
    Harmon Kandron Speakers
    Cd-Rw 12:10:32
    Creative Sounblaster Live Platnium
    Windows 98se
    Modem and Network card

All of the above i got from dell when ordering apart from the cd-rw. I also bought a pinnacle capture card but due to my own stupidity ive lost the damn installation disk :( Stuoopid i know but when i first installed it it wouldnt work properly and then i let a good while go by then i got the card to work and the disk was gone :( what capture card did you get goodshape? let me know how it goes as im dying to capture my dv videos onto computer!

One thing to remember is that the drive dosnt come partitioned so if you want to do that do it before you put everything on! Coz stupidly again! I waitied and then course it took me so long to organise everything to wipe the computer i only got it partitioned a few weeks ago and ive had my comp for 9 months! :( Let me know how it all goes :D Im sure youll be pretty pleased!

Bitch[LuDo] :cool:

the DV card is a Pyro. I hope to christ it works... will let you know when I get the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by Goodshape
    hmm.. well, 20% down on performence will probobly still look amazing to me, compared with the p2 300mhz I'm on now. I'll buy some RDRAM when I can, and I'll put the SD into this mechine when that happins.

as for the cost.. heres the full spec of what I ordered from dell...

P4 - 1.7Ghz
    128MB SDRAM
    60GB HD
    19" Monitor
    64MB GeForce3
    Sound Blaster Live 1028 (or what ever its called)
    basic speakers
    56k modem
    3Com Network card

...I think thats mainly it, and it cost IR£1,905.60 incl. delivery / vat.

I also bought a DV Capture card, another harddrive (40GB) and a set of 4.1 surround speakers from peats. The extra ram came from shop4memory.com (3x 256mb SDRAM).

Still waiting for that damn Dell though. How long do these bias usualy take?

<edit>
    dell just called, said the delay was with the monitor and I should have it by next monday / tuesday. :(
    </edit>

I have a:
    1.4ghz tbird rapes the 1.7p4
    Iwill KA266-Raid DDR
    256mb Crucial DDR ram
    Geforce 3
    sblive 5.1
    8*4*32x Cd-RW
    surround sound Headphones
    2*60Gb IBM Hds
    ISDN TA
    3com network card
    15' monitor upgrading soon
    Thermoengine wid a 60mm delta
    4 Ys-tech 80mm fans and respective fan grills.

Total IR£ 1265
    :p:p
    Way cheaper and probably beats the snot outta yer system.. no offence loike Even wid a 19' monitor and a dvd drive it'd only be around £IR1635 :p

agh! ye wee bastid!

Thats earned you a place on me list of enemys!

Goodshapes List of Bastids
    1. NeoSlicers
    2. Neoslicers' PC
    3. Neoslicers Mother (erm.. bored :rolleyes: )

Advertisement