Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalwayLan2 - Not just a cs lan

Options
  • 22-10-2001 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

FFs, im sick of this ****e, if all the quake ppls r gonna decide not to come cause they think its cs only or that the Galwaylan wont be better than the UL one then im seriously gonna freak, ive spent a month arranging all the pc's for yee with the help of Syxpak and Elexes for yee to decide a week before hand not to come, this is yer last chance or else those pc's will be given to ppl who are serious bout coming!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

now calm down there.

The reason why ppl thought and think that it was a CS lan is because the thread started in a CS forumn and the players who are attending.

You 'gonna freak' aint gonna help it. Be calm, be cool. It aint going to solve this 'CS' perception it has gained. If you wanted to make it a 'anything goes lan' people should be made aware of it (dont have me go copy 'n paste).

Besides, if I see another Galway CS lan here on the quake forumns, Im gonna 'freak' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    Besides, if I see another Galway CS lan here on the quake forumns, Im gonna 'freak' :)

Doodee, don't do it! You haven't seen Eric "gonna freak"!!

He's a bit of a headcase at the best of times, but when he's "gonna freak" he goes a bit nuts altogether!

I'm gonna freak if Erics "gonna freak", don't do it!

It's all a bit freaky really...

Al.

Freak!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Well, I'm a lazy ****0r and didnt want to copy n Paste the New ThrEad in the quake boards aswell.
    What i am pissed at is that i Heard that 4 or 5 of the quakers who were ment to come are now droppping out so they can goto the lan un UL instead, That does piss me off after myself ,Syx and Ian busted our asses to arrange pc's for them . The names I got off some1 who had been talking to them was Bunny Over-lord and a fw others who I cant member atm....

If yee coming let us know before Thursday otherwise we will give yer PC's to ppl who will appreciate it !

And Yee hav never Seen this Galway Farmer Freak .......

:D

FrEaK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    The reason why ppl thought and think that it was a CS lan is because the thread started in a CS forumn and the players who are attending.
    *AHEM* If you checked you would have seen that Doodee risked a tongue-lashing because he posted to just about every forum to spread the word and to emphasise that it was a free-for-all LAN, ie: any game you wanted to play was fair game.
    He Got that tngue-lashing, I think off Hobbes, because of the perception that it was....urrgh..... spamming.
    The thread got a decent response from the CS boards because the thread from the last LAN was started by me, a self-confessed CS player with tendencies towards RPGs, OP|Flash and UT (:p) and a Galwegian. It spawned from there, using the mumblings of Kharn and others and solidifying them. The result was a god deal of craic during the end of July.
    I really don't see how your above argument standsup under scrutiny.
    Jaden, Robbo, Kharn & Kayos were there last time, Thrax etc.
    Pfffff.

You 'gonna freak' aint gonna help it. Be calm, be cool. It aint going to solve this 'CS' perception it has gained.
    No thanks to you deleting the fuppin post I might add.
    If you wanted to make it a 'anything goes lan' people should be made aware of it (dont have me go copy 'n paste).
    *cough*

:p:p
    Have to agree there.
    Wtf is with all three posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

ARGH! too many Galway lan threads lets keep it to just one or two k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

yes
    bunny is still going plus some others, dunno who said they'd be dropping out. We can bring one or two pcs ourselves but getting a car isa problem...so how many pcs might be available?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ok, there is 1 day to the lan and it looks like we r gonna have ppl arriving wivout PC's, there are 3 PC's availible However, There are about 5 ppl wanting em, Also I was told by ThrAx that yee werenot coming so if yee are ****ing let us know ok....email Galwaylan@oceanfree.net and pay the £15 on the Day...

We r leaving it really short atm, we need atleast 22 ppl to cover room charge for 4 days and 30ppl to have prises aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I want a prise!!!!

or I'll freek!

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Im gonna freak if you all dont stop saying FREAK! but i mean ffs the last time i checked this was a byo pc lan???

• Advertisement

STFU allready!

mpsmileofdeath.jpg

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hayden

FREAK FREAK FREAK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

BUNNY is going and a friend. He said to keep 2 pcs for him. Trax is a chimp,they never said they were not going. Bunny has no internet connection atm but they are going and they will play on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Hello
    yes I am going and am 90% sure i am bringing someone along with me. I dont have the internet or a computer so it was hard to respond. See you on Friday

Guineesman, are you coming yourslef?
    I think we have about 2-3 spaces left, but no more pcs to give out, aside from Bunny's, Scrappy's cousin's and Bunny's friends...
    I think Dino and Desert Fox are coinng, and botha re going to bring just they're boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

me and quazl(follows people, looks like a paedophile, you probably know him) are also going, he will need a pc, or else we could leave him in a corner with a small child
    the choice is yours

also, none of us have a clue where to go, we can get to galway fine, but what building are we looking for?

It's on Threadneedle road, Salthill.
    DooDee posted this for the last lan
    If you are familiar wiv Galway then The lan is being Held in the:
    Anno Santo Hotel
    Threadneedle Rd (End of prom,Accross from Tennis Club..what more ya need)
    Salthill (follow the sea)
    now it wouldnt be the Galway lan if it werent being held in Galway...

The fone number of the Hotel is 091-523011 ring if ya get lost and they will help you...

Ring me on 087 7948745 if ye have any probs

Advertisement