Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ate my Gerbil

Options
  • 22-10-2001 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Theres been alot of talk maybe too much talk (sound familiar?)about inaction of the group in taking decisive action against a certain monopoly in the telecomunications industry sounds like ........Hairscum
    At the risk of sounding sycophantic...I dont agree..I relisten to the meetimg .Wavs for a hint of sympathy with our cause from the likes of Soula evans etc....it really was great (I work night shifts I couldnt be there).But I have a few proposals..consider them questions...
    I realise that the Blackout will happen soon and it is worth a try but I dont think that it will amount to more than a ripple in the teacup for E@;?com ( I darent utter the name)
    The questions:

1.How many members are we at the moment??

2.When does this drastic action become necessary?
    Can you imagine if 1000+ digruntled people demonstrated (This on the last count was the total membership)at Eircom HQ (I realise that alot of people work and are located outside Dublin)Would this ever be considered???

3.How many peolple would be willing to disconnect??In the space of 1 day imagine if for 8 hours Eir..com were getting nothing but requests to have their Line's disconnected in protest??

These are questions and I understand that some people may find them alittle drastic or even naive..but at least they make for interesting reading if nothing else.

PS:I remain loyal and true to the higher cause

over and out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The BlackOut won't be happening over the Hallowe'en weekend, as originally planned, as this does not give us enough time to plan for and publicise it. It will be happening some time in mid-November. The date and further details will be announced by the committee very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Sorry, Bard, but could you publicize this fact a bit more. After being out of the country for a while after the idea was first raised, and therefore out of the loop as to what was going on, it took a good while to find this post (considering the thread's title) We're all in support here but info like this should be front page on irelandoffline.com and .org

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

irelandoffline.org updated. The date will be announced shortly.

adam

Advertisement