Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound comes out befour pic

• 02-04-2000 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

i have some music vids on avi and whenever i go to play them the sound comes out befour the pic ? whats going on with it any ids ? its happening on 2 computers one has a v3 3000 and the other has a ge force pro the sound cards are sb live any ids ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Possibly the AVI's are fux0red up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nt or Win9x? NT has crap sound latency (Avi's should work, but they're easier to mess up with NT).

Are you running them from a CD or Hdd? If CD try the HDD, if they're fine from there chances are it's a busmaster prob (Or you're using DOS drivers inadvertantley).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

win 98 from hd and the avi's aint fu<ked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

windows media player is dodgy if the right codecs arent used.
    try playin it back with realplayer or quicktime or something .. might help :/

Okay, if it works from the HDD then it's a data transfer issue.

Make sure the Sb Live's aren't using IRQ 15.
    (If your Cd rom is the master on the 2ndary controller).

Try the CD rom as the only device on the controller.

Make sure the CD-rom is jumpered correctly (Nowadays BIOS' can usually detect badly jumpered devices but it messes things up)

Rename your Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files (You shouldn't need them).

If you have a VIA chipset motherboard install their Busmaster drivers.

If it's INtel, open Device Manager / Hard Disk Controllers and make sure it doesn't say 'Standard IDE Controller". If it does copy your Win98 folder from the CD to the HDD, remove the controller from DevManager. Reboot. When it's redetected opt to choose a driver from the list (I don't know your chipset so I can't say which one it will be , have a look in your manual and it will tell you on the spec.s page), when asked for files point to the Win98 folder on the HDD (As your CD will not be seen at this point). If you're asked to reboot, say no until you are back in to windows (it'll ask twice) - then reboot and your CD should be back.

Sometimes you even have to clear the BIOS using the motherboard jumper to get things back to normal (Win9x can write to your BIOS and had a habit of doing it with the wrong Busmaster drivesr on Intel FX/Vx/Tx boards).

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 09-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The compressor could have ****ed them, seen as Sound is millions of times smaller, it would stream faster, however this wouldnt cause it to loose sync, Ah I don't know

John

If the compression was messed up then they wouldn't play okay from the HDD.
    And sound is relatively hard to compress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

they aint running fine from the hd but they seem to run fine on other computers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 timd

By any chance was it a star wars mpeg
    I had the same mpeg and it didn`t play riht either
    That or u date butch women who are way to strong for u
    Tighen up that beer belly too

Ah, sorry for the confusion. But , Elexes...
    "win 98 from hd and the avi's aint fu<ked up"

LEARN TO PUNCTUATE... smile.gif
    It might make things a wee bit easier to understand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement