Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Proxy

Options
  • 22-10-2001 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Is their any public, irc proxy servers running on the net? If not, could someone get one going?

The usual ports for irc 6667+ is blocked out at the college so a proxy would be handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

First off what college are you in?

Second thing do they use a proxy? if so use there proxy to irc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

1. ITT, Tralee.

2. No..Irc isn't allowed apparently.

Also, when I'm running mIRC on an ISDN line, it cuts offs the connection If i stay Idle for a while...I think its around 2 minutes. Web connections are grand..but It reconnects to the IRC server because the IP address changes.

Is there anyway I can tell the ISDN server to stay online, without having to mess with the server/router? Even if there was a simple script that pinged some place, so as the connection wouldnt stay idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by Kyro
    Is there anyway I can tell the ISDN server to stay online, without having to mess with the server/router? Even if there was a simple script that pinged some place, so as the connection wouldnt stay idle.

Yes. There's a setting somewhere in mIRC that allows you to keep the connection alive. As for where.. I havent got a clue. (read: cant remember)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by Kyro
    Is their any public, irc proxy servers running on the net? If not, could someone get one going?

The usual ports for irc 6667+ is blocked out at the college so a proxy would be handy.

Have a search for HTTP Tunnel in Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i had the same problem myself as you can see at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32272

i solved the problem by finding a cgi script called CGI:IRC. its very handy and sometimes comes in russian. :)

just have a search on google for "CGI:IRC login" and it will bring up a list of places which gives you free IRC access with the trimmings. so there is no DCC transfers or any fancy stuff, just plain IRC.

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

go to http://www.mouselike.org

click on chat and then UK server1.

enter irc.quakenet.eu.org and your channel you wanna join.

hey presto.

Chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Cheers lads, :D

btw, stop plugging Google...it sux :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Woot cheers chief that works lovely finally irc from the boredom of programming lectures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm on #fortress.ie atm

I'll have a go at configuring HTTP Tunnel again, think I might have figured out ho to do it after talking to Robbo for a bit.

Thanks for the link Chief-- (yes, two dashes)

Life saver.
    student.nuigalway.ie is down for the past 3 weeks. No IRC though mIRC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

glad i could be of help. I have to use that in work too cause of the fuppin proxy..

• Advertisement
Advertisement