Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd region crack

• 14-04-2000 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ive got the standard 6 speed dvd that ame with my dell pc. i think its a toshiba.
    is there anyway i can get a crack that will allow any region play at all?
    i know fup all about dvd's except that you install as a cd rom and then add your media matics software or whatever dvd software you are using. after that im lost. i dont have any special dvd card so i guess im using the processor for playback.
    ive seen a few links before, but i dont have the time to trawl through 130 pages of stuff telling me what a dvd player is. i just want to be able to play any region dvd's
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I don't think Toshiba drives are hardware region locked. It should just come down to the software player you use.

There's a link to DVDGenie here : http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/support/region.html

It works for a lot of players. You can also download ATI's player for free from a link elsewhere on the site (Perfectly legally).

Some other great tips on the site for backing up your movies (How about 640x480 near DVD Quality movie on one CD? - Check out the excellent article on MPEG4....)

Have fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dident read the question fully but if you want to play a american version dvd over hear use somthn like win dvd your able to change the regions with that . i you dvd was the 100 pound one in peats ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

WinDVD , like most other players, lets you change the region 5 times and then locks. DVDgenie lets you do it as many times as you like for all the major soft players (Including WinDVD).

The other problem is that some manufacturers are building a hardware lock into their DVD rom drives (eg. Pioneer) aswell, so a multi-region soft player would be useless to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

does the crack work on the actual dvd hardware, or does it work on the software?
    am a bit confused.
    i think im using the good ol media matics dvd software. if i change that, i should i presume still be able to use my dvd and find a crack for the software?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Download the DVD Genie from the link above. It has settings for most video cards as well so you can get the most out of it as well as being able to select any region, apply and watch the dvd, then change again and so on. No limits.
    I was using Remote Selector but DVD Genie is much better. If you've ever had any problems watching DVDs never mind the region thing then get it.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

cinemaster lets you change regions 5 times, then you just delete edlog.dat and reinstall.

Nah Eamo, it just hacks the software player. Most drives don't use eprom region setting, thank fup.

dvdgenie.jpg

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, i downloaded aversion of dvdgenie and the bugger fupped up me dvd player.
    get the sound, but i just get yellow lines all over the screen now and a message which i cant rememebr.
    i'll try downloading the version you have there after i have reinstalled cinemaster again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The yellow lines are caused by having the wrong res or colours. Increase your res and try it again.

M

• Advertisement

Advertisement