Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an eircom tale (funny)

Options
  • 22-10-2001 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Moved apartment on sunday (21st), so gave our beloved Eircom a call last week saying that i'm moving can they activate the phone point in the new apartment.

The guy i was speaking too sounded very efficient, he said no problem sir, when are you moving? , so i said sunday. Grand, no problem, i've put that into the computer , it'll happen automatically sunday 1200. I also see that you're calls are routed through ntl, would you like that to go back to our network, we'd like to keep your custom...seriously!!!he said this...i bit hard on my lower lip(he did seem very efficient and polite) and said, thanks but i'll be sticking with ntl..

So moved in yesterday..and suprise suprise!!!the phone didnt automagically activate,no internet..makes Longfield a verry cranky boy.

So called them from work this morning..first attempt..ohh you moved apartment..hold on a sec...back to press one if..blah blah...grrrr

Get through to a chirpy sounding girl... ohh you are alright sir thats down on the system to change over on the 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , i politely pointed out that the 21st was yesterday..she said ohh it'll be changed over today soo.. remember..we are talking about computers here..they don't go to mass on sundays..

Suprise suprise..when i rang the new number later that morning (30mins later to be precise)..it rang..

Abucuses, they are all using abususes...:D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Belgario

Wow ouch,
    At least you don't have some errorcom wanker constantly calling to the door begging us to switch back to them. Its a nightmare, they practically sell themselves at the doorway. They must be recruiting them from Leeson Street. ;)

Belgario

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I once spent half an hour "browsing" on the first floor of the Eircom store on Henry Street. Why? Because they were holding a staff meeting in the middle of the shop, telling staff how to get customers back, on calling again, not taking no for an answer, promising the sun and the moon (notably not the stars or we'd have cheap affordable Net access). Hilarious to listen to. Last March or Feb I think.

Advertisement