Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best unmodded case in your opinion

Options
  • 22-10-2001 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well if you were going to buy a case that wasn't going to be modded what case would you buy and why?

Maybe supply a link to a pic, i love looking at case's :E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This one from Scan grabs my eye..case pic

How the heck does this bit work though...weird front sound connectors

One sweet looking case..but pricy.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

hmmm that is strange..

Well ive no clue :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

If money is no object, then the top of the range lian li (I have seen them and they are sweet ) pc 70 or whatever. Or an aluminium coolermaster.

For smaller budget, I'd get the enlight 7237 p4 which comes with a 300w psu and an 80mm case fan installed.

Reviews of these and other good cases are on

www.virtual-hideout.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

this case is da ****in bomb

It's known as the coldforge aa-15 or summat, basically the coldforge. designed by a bunch of guys over on the Hardocp Forum as their dream case and developed by a guy called matt stiltner, it's been in design for a long time now (over a year) but it seems to be getting to the real soon now stage.

a quick overview:

All aluminium construction
    double wide 3/4 tower shape (14”W X 26”H X 20”D)
    5 5.25 Ext bays
    6 Int. 3.5”
    2 3.5” Ext

4 front 120mm fan mounts
    2 rear 120mm fan mounts

anodized in one of about 15 colours as standard

this case will rock (and be very expensive)

around $300 to $350 and i doubt that will include a PSU

funkadelic

but if I couldn't have one of them (I can't) I'd go for a supermicro 760. stg£89 from scan, that's a sweet as case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Lian Li pc70 are the nicest cases in the world.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Longfield
    This one from Scan grabs my eye..case pic

How the heck does this bit work though...weird front sound connectors

One sweet looking case..but pricy.

I've got one of them!
    You stick it in one of the free bays in the front and it provides easy access for sound, USB, Firewire & joystickkie sockets....

Wanna buy?

You stick it in one of the free bays in the front and it provides easy access for sound, USB, Firewire & joystickkie sockets....

How??, where do they connect to on the/what motherboard?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

And yes i'll buy(you selling one cheap?) if it works on a kg7-raid board, just really curious how this front connector dealio works first.

logic1 have you seen the ClubOC modded version of the Lian Li Pc70?, just too much drool inducing imho..i'd feel guilty spending that much on a case though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Belgario

Hey Longfield,

How is the motherboard holding up these days?
    Have you tried overclocking yet?

If you are interested I can provide some interesting memory settings you can try that assist in overclocking the FSB.

Anyway toodle doo.

Belgario ( Ruling the world with the next )

How??, where do they connect to on the/what motherboard?

I'm away at the moment but will be back on Thirsday, will get back with details then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭TheWarden

Well the coolmaster case with the frosted glass door is definitely a Lian Li beater IMHO.

www.coolermaster.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Coolermaster ATC-201 here and loving it :)

Bets case I have ever bought , super quality and c0000000000l :cool:

kg7 is pretty cool, got it to boot windows and 160 fsb on a machine I was building, I think the cpu speed was making it crash rather than the fsb. It has more memory and chipset tweaking settings than I've ever seen on a motherboard. Its worth lowering your multiplier and going for a high fsb if you want performance. People have gotten 180 fsb out of this board, after extensive tweaking of above mentioned options.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Heheh, you just couldn't resist the techie in you....more interested in the performance then the asthetics. Damn right too... :)

Who makes good high performance stable ram?
    Who are the Maxtor of the RAM world?

Have these reputations carried over to DDR?

I ask because I don't have the chance to try different types/brands, not working building PCs (yet)

We could agrue this 'till the cows come home but.....

For all my overclocking needs over the years I have stuck by
    Crucial Memory , extremely reliable and overclocks well too :)

Currently using a nice stick of sum 256mb PC133 CAS CL2 from
    them inorder to get this 1.2gz 266fsb Thunderbird running at 1.4gz flawlessly.

I know this is no major speeeeeeeeeed , but I just wanna illustrate how nice the ram really is :)

256MB 184Pin DIMM PC2100 DDR RAM Non-Parity CL2.5 £31.95+vat sterling.

Thats todays price on it too , taken from dabs.com , which is pretty good.Never been a better time to buy ram!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭eoge

Originally posted by carbsy
    Coolermaster ATC-201 here and loving it

Bets case I have ever bought , super quality and c0000000000l

i must agree. i'm a proud owner too. while i would say this anyway (as we all do after spending our hard earned cash on something so beautifully useless) the atc-201 is amazing. the quality and precision of every single detail of this polished Al case is mind-blowing! well not literally, but it is pretty good. i can't recommend it enough. i suggest you search google for reviews of this case, and go to the official site. you'll quickly want one too.

lian-li are very good too, but i know and like coolermaster better.

carbsy, where did you get that case from?

carbsy, where did you get that case from?

I got mine from www.dabs.com about 6 months ago , it cost £199+vat sterling at that time , thats without a psu , so quiet steep , they have fallen in price a lil since though....

I would suggest the Enermax range of psu's to use with the case , they are the r.royces of psu's , super quiet too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

I recently got a Lian-Li PC-60 form Maplins in Jervis St, Dublin for..........(Drumroll)......... £160

- Thats Irish Pounds
    - Thats including VAT
    - And no Shipping ( So light carried it home)

That is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than you'll ever pick it from UK even on exchange ex-vat, less shipping as far as I know

One word for the case... Gorgeous

Totally worth the dosh

This one ( http://www.comcase.com/zeus-dx.htm )is not to shabby either....

Bought myself this case as my xmas presant to myself..

Must say it is a whole new world....unbelievable roomy and simple to setup..stuclk four case fans inside and a cheapo coolermaster cooler inside peats fan..cheaper thanthe even worse one..weird..but still the best they have at any price).

No more need for wpcredit...athlon 1400 idles at 38c in the bios (before 49-51c)..under load havent been able to get it over 47c no matter what stress test i try, which is a result imho.

Only noticed afterwards..believe it or not...check out tomshardware..that black case with the logo on the front page..is none other than this one :)..(or is identical looking)

I think its the antec sx1030b under a different name. It has gotten loads of good reviews around the net. I've seen it before, very nice case. When I get the moolah I think I'll get something like that to replace this crappy looking beige tower. btw, peats page doesn't mention a psu, so I presume it came with no psu?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Loomer wow!
    Do they still have them in stock? if so I'm making a dash to maplins.. I've never seen them so cheap!

DK

Originally posted by Gerry
    peats page doesn't mention a psu, so I presume it came with no psu?

It does have a psu inded (six standard connectors also which is nice)..chieftec, HPC-340-201, REV C0 , ie a 340w psu.

Have to say, i haven' regretted getting this case for one second, a joy to assemble, and build quality is amazing.

Case weighs a ton though!! :)

Worth every penny imho.

Advertisement