Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often should I post?

Options
  • 22-10-2001 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Maybe you'll never post: a lot of people just read these forums.
    If you do post, it's not a competition, tho' - you should make sure that every post is worth reading, not just made to get your post count up.
    Some of these people have been here for years: you'll never catch up with them, so don't bother trying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

or just post when you want to ...

It's best not to post piles of drivel, otherwise you'll get a reputation similar to the likes of Gladiator/Joe57/Richindub/WWM/Amp etc... then again, if you annoy us a bit we'll flame you, annoy us lots we'll smack you, annoy us loads and Devore will get on your case. You don't want that.

But really, don't be afraid to contribute a relevant opinion, even a controversial one politely written is fine, but beware of descent into flame-war (see below/above).

Al.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Also, it's a good idea to "lurk" around for a while and get to know the regular faces - you'll learn their style of post and what to expect from them - this'll help you integrate into the community with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Trojan
    or just post when you want to ...

It's best not to post piles of drivel, otherwise you'll get a reputation similar to the likes of Gladiator/Joe57/Richindub/WWM/Amp etc...

Wow it's a honour to be mentioned in the same breath as such distinguished company. Someday in my heart I hope that my posts will transcend mere drivel and I'll be just like my hero Trojan, who's reputation is impecable and never called a wánker behind his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Now children, watch closely and you'll learn a lot.

This thread has now descended into what those in the know call a flame war.

Amp, annoyed that I've referred to him along with such people as Joe22, Gladiator, etc, has used one of the more potent weapons available to him: sarcasm.

Note the ironic "honoured", the touching "in my heart I hope that my posts will transcend mere drivel", and the reference to his antagonist as his "hero" (no, folks, he really *doesn't* think that I'm his hero, thats the whole point). He also makes judicious use of the fada, to crack the censor and get through a nasty word like wanker.

Well played old chap! We'll teach them yet!

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Next children, we see Trojan, aware that he's incurred the wrath of amp, trying to deflect attention from the fact that he's furiously masterbating in front of you, by intimating that it was all merely a lesson on "what sarcasm is".

Weither I'm being serious or not is left as an excersise for the reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

As is apparent, you can take this all too seriously ... and you can get around the censor if you know the fucking html entity codes.

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html

So, don't tell me you didn't learn something from this FAQ.

However, bad language isn't big or clever. Your mum was right. Potty mouth only gets you nowhere, and dosn't pull any birds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hayden

*walks up and pulls on amp's jacket*

"So Mr what your sayin is Mr.Trojan is a tad bit moody, "

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I think I should cut down a bit, after my flame war with Castor Troy its best that I keep quite until the silly people forget about my muppetry. And then of course they make me a community Mod and were all happy! Isn't that right children?

Advertisement