Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games Socs

• 22-10-2001 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any others Uni's have socs for computer games I know a few others do ... just we're having a LAN party in UL ... wondering if they'd be interested in a few intervarsity games :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

IT Carlow's comp soc this year == games soc.

Unfortunately, due to restrictions on the lan and the individual machines all they've got working so far is Quake1 and AOE2.

(I want me quake3 and halflife :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

maybe a few of ye could travel down for the ul lan... ul could easily get a quakeworld team going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm just curious do ur comp soc's get funding from the college?

We're trying to get £2k unfortunitally the guy who drew up the draft is an idiot n couldn't even explain to me where all the money was goin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by azezil
    I'm just curious do ur comp soc's get funding from the college?

We're trying to get £2k unfortunitally the guy who drew up the draft is an idiot n couldn't even explain to me where all the money was goin :rooleyes:

tell barry were NOT doing robot wars, no one has an interest in robotics, and all we want to do is play games.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm on the NUI,Galway Compsoc and we're promoting gaming this year ( 24 way CS orgies in public labs:) ).

As it happens the UL LAN sits a lovely 2 says before our Christmas exams (what kind of a Santa would allow this?)

However, I would like to get in touch with other Compsocs/Gaming socs with a view towards some Intervarsity "hardkore aktion". It's easy to weasle cash from the SU for Intervarsity junkets. Direct all ideas at mailto:robbo@compsoc.nuigalway.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

dcu's one's first meeeting is tonight, and there's a lan on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

:confused: in ti (tipp institute) we have a daily hl session, we have an ok counter strike team and are startint s.o.f. + unreal tourny soon, 3 lan rooms, super internet speed(on the main a.t.m. backbone system!!! just wondering if i could organise a freindly tourny between us n ne1 else??? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Any1 know of cs installed on any computers in NUI maynooth. Or do they have a poxy firewall blocking you. Would love to play ity out here with their big ass connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Chief,
    Minds (the IT society) is having a Lan on Friday. Bring your own PC and network card and you can join in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

no we don't get a budget ... Yet ... long story :-) but doubtful we'd even get a descent size budget at all. we have to live off the donations and charity of members :-) and they're a bunch of stinge student types :-P

least I know that there is other Gaming Type socs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by JustHalf
    Chief,
    Minds (the IT society) is having a Lan on Friday. Bring your own PC and network card and you can join in.

In Maynooth ??

And they wont even let you use their systems..ffs stingy ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Chief---
    In Maynooth ??

And they wont even let you use their systems..ffs stingy ****s.
    Yes, in Maynooth. You'll have to bring in your own PC's, but that's fair - and a network card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

it's great craic, i wont be able to go, (mid Term) , i m off home this weekend for some serious ,drin, er i mean studying :D

Advertisement