Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise - Unexpected

Options
  • 22-10-2001 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭

No other comments on this, so no harm to start a thread, ehh? ;)

Thought it was funny in parts, but basically that's all. I suspect it'll take a few more shows for me to start liking it more. :)

BTW, Some interesting discussions on trekbbs.com regarding the possibility of an alternate timeline from the usual TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, e.t.c., which would explain why we never heard of NX01 before due to the guy from the future in 'Broken Bow'. If this is true, then the last episode of Enterprise may lead to it having never existed or something ;).

Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bwahh, moved apartment yesterday so missed a days, "getting"it.

The last cave episode was a real disapointment, please tell me its better(tomorrow nights treat here :) )

Timelines are great things, is why i enjoyed Mutant X, i am a hardened trekkie(my flatmate couldnt believe episode 2 where they leave the slug creature on the uninhabited planet....i said there is no Prime Directive before the Federation..strange thing is i believed what i was saying), suspension of belief comes naturally :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

do you guys download these episodes? how long does that take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i got an SVCD version and it was 710MB.
    I only got the first episode because it was so hyped an was given the oppurtunity to see it before it aired in east coast america.
    :)

not impressed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by bkehoe
    No other comments on this, so no harm to start a thread, ehh? ;)

Thought it was funny in parts, but basically that's all. I suspect it'll take a few more shows for me to start liking it more. :)

BTW, Some interesting discussions on trekbbs.com regarding the possibility of an alternate timeline from the usual TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, e.t.c., which would explain why we never heard of NX01 before due to the guy from the future in 'Broken Bow'. If this is true, then the last episode of Enterprise may lead to it having never existed or something ;).

Brendan

I thought that the "NX-" registry was for experimental vessels - two examples off the top of my head are the Excelsior (from one of the early movies) and the Defiant (from early DS-9). Seeing as it's supposed to be Starfleet's first exploratory vessel, NX-01 seems quite apt, really - that allows for them to built at least another 1,700 ships before Kirk's "wheels" leave space dock, I suppose...

(Edit: Meant to say that NX- registrations become NCC- registrations when the vessels are type-approved - the inauguration plate will read "first vessel of her class", AFAIK)

Sorry to be a pedant...
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just watched Terra Nova, which was a little better, God this series is weak so far.

The next episode ( The Andorian Incident) apparently is getting a lot of hype and much interest..so probably obtain that , but if its no better than whats out so far..time to use my bandwidth for other things.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement