Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly mobile ring tones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Nope, keep it on silent with vibrate.

There's a running joke in this place about the ridiculousness of the sales peoples ring tones... must go with the job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah... a really dodgy version of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile :)
    It's really bad actually, I must change it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

i have an incredibly bad "learn to fly" by the foo fighters. i'm ashamed.

no really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

The theme to Indiana jones is addictive
    My boss has it, and you cant help whilstling along!

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I have the X-Men one, really cool

I really, really, really want the MTV Underpants ring tone (from the ad :D) - if only so I have an excuse to dance like an idiot in public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Fancy ring tones are for tossers.
    BOOO & HISS...
    Even listening to those tone2ph0ne adds makes me cringe... and I hope they go under very very quickly.

There's a great new mobile out though, my bro got one... it doesn't rely on those stupid 'beep-beepy-BEEP' sounds, it has reasonable quality sound recording & playback... so you can have what ever sounds you want as whatever ring event.
    Far less annoying to listen to.
    gg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

got 2 cool ones,
    doors - break on through to the other side. and mmmm sweet dreams - marlyn manson one. tis cool. and mmmm guns n roses sweet child o' mine but think everyone got that now. Ya i got the jimi hendrix one too. isn't great but not many ppl have it sooooo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Currently its the....

A-Team.

[Ohh the memories]

** Jaysus Niall its only 6 fuppin seconds **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I actualy know someone (I won't name names) who was listening to that STUPID ****ing ringtone (The "Keanu, call me, call me on my mobile!" one) on his walkman.
    He actualy taped it!

That has to be the stupidest ring tone EVAR!

I have some ****ty classical peice on my, as my ****ty philips Savvy only has default ones...

A m8 of mine has the coolest ****ing ringtone ever!
    He sat in work all day composing a BLINDED BY FEAR ringtone for himself!

Coolest thing yet...
    Only he uses the Thunderbirds theme... :/

As soon as I get a decent mobile, I'll get that damn right tone off him. Coolest thing out, does it be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

those bloody ppl that think there ringtone is so cool and must listen to the hole thing b4 they pick up like come on

oops wrong post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

For the love of god, use a RING, not a "tune".

Although, it's handy in that if I ever hear a stupid ringtone, I know it can't be me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭fuse

I used to have that pac-man one, but I went back to my old favourite - Glenroe!, always gets a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I use the basic nokia Ring (ring ring, ring ring - that one) for unspecified calls and a few different tunes for some friends.

I have the MTV_Nokia_Keanu_call_me_tone and it is truly a thing of great beauty. if anyone wants it, pm me with yer number and ill send it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I have sunburn by muse on my phone! A friend of mine made it for me one day tis kool:D

Originally posted by Gideon2000
    and mmmm sweet dreams - marlyn manson one

Must be quite a phone if you can distingush between The Eurythmics and Marilyn Manson on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Gideon2000
    got 2 cool ones,
    doors - break on through to the other side. and mmmm sweet dreams - marlyn manson one. tis cool. and mmmm guns n roses sweet child o' mine but think everyone got that now. Ya i got the jimi hendrix one too. isn't great but not many ppl have it sooooo :)

Where'd ye get break on through....? That'd be cool.
    The A-team is a great one as well. Must have a hunt around....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

my brother has back to the future

i have flight of the valkyere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I've got Sunburn (Muse) at the moment, but I change it to Newborn or Plug in Baby every so often.
    You can get them from http://www.rocketbabydolls.com/ if you could be bothered typing them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ive got THUNDERSTRUCK by AC/DC, you know the into bit before the guys comin in...

had it for over a year now, and gona keep it till i find a new ac/dc one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IRMAC

Mine is Uncle f*$ker from Southpark.
    Gets the odd amused glance from the knowing few when it goes off in the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I fuking HATE mobile ringtones. As I sit here in the library in college, I can hear a constant BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP coming from some gimp's nokia during his little sms chat. These people can't read the signs all over the place reading TURN OFF YOUR MOBILE PHONE. The muppets let them ring for ages and then have full conversations. Meanwhile anyone trying to do some actual work in the library is plotting their painful and long death.

BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP

correction stehpen but RINGTONES are when the mobile RINGS, for voicechat, not the BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP for SMS, those guys are standard....

but yes i know what you mean, i hate them too, but in your library are there not people that will come to the individual and warn him/her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

You know what _I_ hate?

Being on a bus with loads of those cheesy bubblegum pop ringtones going off, and that infernal SOS-style SMS incoming beep that goes on for ages.... euuuuuurgh >:(

gone shootin' : no, I'm on the 3rd floor here of the college library... there's no staff up here. ('cept the computer services department, but they're locked away in their little room).

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    correction stehpen but RINGTONES are when the mobile RINGS, for voicechat, not the BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP for SMS, those guys are standard....

They can be changed on lots of phones...

True. Problemo is, no-one usually changes them from the extremely loud and annoying SOS-style one...

BEEP BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP BIP BIP BIP, BEEP BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP BIP BIP BIP

* FUCK OFF *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Dead{o}Santa

There's a great new mobile out though, my bro got one... it doesn't rely on those stupid 'beep-beepy-BEEP' sounds, it has reasonable quality sound recording & playback... so you can have what ever sounds you want as whatever ring event.
    Far less annoying to listen to.
    gg

i have one such fone a Sony CMD-J6, I have various quotes and funny mp3's on it and for the error msg which again is cusomisible i have [q3] DENIED! [/q3] - sad or wot tongue.gif

Originally posted by Stephen
    BEEP BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP BIP BIP BIP, BEEP BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP BIP BIP BIP

Thats the one, ARGH! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

I have a rather ****e version of whats supposedly Linoleum by noFX , though it coulda fooled me , I mean really Ringtones are a bit gay really , just a bit ?

I was on the bus once and I heard an Airwolf one behind me ..now thats a ringtone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I once sat on the bus and someone had 'Dracula' music on their phone. And it rang and rang and rang (you get the idea). Then I realised someone at work had been messing with my phone and set it to 'Dracula' music .....

Got another phone and set it to vibrate, this meant I usually got to it before it rang. However, I then developed a 'tingle' in my chest (I'd keep the phone in my top pocket).

Generally I prefer to keep it short and simple.

Don't have a phone at the moment (stolen).

i heard of a library , where i dont know, where they have scanners at entry. they check for phones and not books tho. so phone are to be left at desk b4 entry, which is fair nuff

Really? Neat... perhaps a geiger counter is in those scanners :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement