Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube(again)

Options
  • 23-10-2001 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Reading some more stuff,and was wondering,who here is going to buy it and what games are you most looking foward to?
    I really want Eternal Darkness,Kameo and Pikmin meself.No bashers banging out about how "Gaycube sukz" please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Well, you all know I'm getting one :)

In terms of games... Super Monkey Ball is the most addictive game I've ever played, bar none. You need a few folk around to get the most out of it, but it is really, genuinely one of the best games I've ever played. Four of us spent about 12-18 hours last weekend playing this - it's just insanely good.

Luigi's Mansion is a lot of fun and well worth a purchase, and Wave Race is great singleplayer - sadly the multiplayer skimps on physics and control, which is a big shame.

As to other stuff.... Rogue Leader is a stunner, I *must* have this game. Pikmin looks utterly brilliant... Eternal Darkness I'm not sure about, it could be fab but it seemed a bit rough and ready at E3. In the long term, the games I really, really want would have to include Soul Calibur 2, Mario Summer, and a few other bits and bobs that I've seen recently and rather like the look of.

Plenty to keep me entertained over Christmas on it anyway. Roll on the US launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Smash bro looks kewl to me :)
    Defo getting it and prolly rogue leader aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Can anyone tell me when the Gamecube will be released over here. I'm seriously planning on getting one. The games I've seen for it so far look excellent, addictive and great fun to play.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I hope to import a US one around end of November.

Definitely getting Super Monkey Ball, everyone who I know that's played it think its excellent. I'll probably get Rogue Leader and Pikmin as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I gonna get one the games look great and to have two brialliant next gen consoles lets hope we dont have to wait for a few months after launch to get decent games ala ps2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I hope to import a US one around end of November.

would that work on a Europeann telly? And would there be a chip required to play Euro. games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lik-sang ship their gamecubes with a ntsc -> pal converter thingy, so it'll work on european tellys. I also vaguelly heard something about snes/n64 leads working on it, but I honestly can't say. Rob will know though :)

And yeah, you'll need a chip to play European games.

Or if u DONT want an import it will be out here early spring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Weh, i cant be ársed waiting , I think ill grab a PS2 around Xmas. It has a good few nice games coming. I hear GTA3 is pretty sweet.

Originally posted by Swifty-
    I hear GTA3 is pretty sweet.
    Its good enuf,but nothing new from the last 2 apart from sexier graphics :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Eternal D. looks pretty damn sweet to me,and soul calibar 2 I also want(is it THAT good?).By the by orangeroosty,did nay know you be a getting of the GC.Good for you man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Originally posted by Pugsley

Its good enuf,but nothing new from the last 2 apart from sexier graphics :(

Its a fair bit different to the first two, have you seen the screenies?

Advertisement