Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comms cables

Options
  • 24-10-2001 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭

Moved apartment last weekend, the old cables(cheapo Maplins 25 foot or so) are not long enough.

Does anyone know of a place in Dublin that will make me a cat-5 cable with connectors ~50 feet in length, also looking for a quality coax cable for the telly, the old Maplins 25 footer did have noticable quality degradation, which doubled would be unwatchable, so looking for a better solution (booster and crappy cable or just quality cable?).

Is there anywhere in Dublin that wil make me up a cat 5 and a coax with connectors?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Originally posted by Longfield

Is there anywhere in Dublin that wil make me up a cat 5 and a coax with connectors?

I would have thought that Maplins would have been a good bet, I've got cat5 made up in ITDirect on
    parliment street before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How much for a box of CAT5?
    Will the thin ethernet cable work for Tvs too? is it better quality? I have about 30foot of the stuff at home which i won't be using anymore. If it's good enough to take 10MBits of 1s and 0s it should be able to take RTÉ :p

Might also get a booster box.
    Is it poissible to build your own?
    I'm only guessing here, bt does it just involve putting extra current / voltage through the aerial to increas gain or does it involve frequencir/modulation stuff too?

Advertisement