Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isaac Butt's on Fridays?

Options
  • 24-10-2001 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Re-tuned to Phantom recently and hence am back in the loop
    the loop of advertisements that is...Christ! I'd forgotten what hearing the same ad.s all day can do to one's mind..."I am eating hash-browns" arrrrgghhhhh!)
    Anyway, does anyone know if this "Isaac Butt's on Friday night" lark is worthwhile?
    I won't be round this Friday to check it out meself, be I'm thinking about going on Friday week (all you laydeez out there take note).
    So,
    Speak to me
    of universal laws
    The whores hustle and the hustlers whore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

There's some gig my mates brother is organising this Friday at Butts..... I'm completely out of loop, so maybe this is what you were talking about? £10 in I think.
    I was at Butts last Saturday and it was unbelievably dead... is it usually that bad on a Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Busby

haven't been to Isaac Butt on Friday yet but it sounds promising. I'll definitely give it a go. Getting sick and tired of the same freakin stuff being played ad infinitum in Whelans - yer token loud Pixies one/ old Smiths/ it would be nice to hear some just some new music.
    On the other point- Phantom's jingles being played all the time....yeah I guess they are but wow that 'Handsome Family' song is soooooo growing on me, it's just irritating that all I can sing is "I am eating hash browns in the snow......???" On the basis of this song I would totally LOVE to go and see em live. I'm sure it would be an interesting gig, I won't be in the country friday week so will have to find the album somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

.....i actually think whelan's is coming to life again.
    Kickin last Saturday. Great tunes too.

Advertisement