Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclock Voodoo1

• 24-10-2001 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

There is a line to put in your Autoexec.bat file that sets the core speed of the Voodoo1. I had it before but I've since lost it, adn would love to get it again cos i have the stuff to get it up to 60Mhz stable. That's a 20%O/c
    Does anyone know if its the TMU(texture Memory/management<?> Unit) or the FMU(Frame Memory/management<?> unit afaik) which would get hotter? That way I might get away with using just one heatsink.
    I have this card sitting in my dualcase thingummy, just waiting to be pimped.

Reckon between that, the OC/d P200 and the EDO ram running at 75Mhz not to mention the fixed swapfile on a seperate harddisk and IDE cable i should get a fairly decent performance out of Hl/CS. Don't know what version of it I'll use yet though.
    Looking at 5.2/6.6/7.1 maybe, don't think the 1.xs will run too smoothly. I'd settle for sh!te texture qualtiy over low framerate.

I have a tweak proggy for the voodoo, but seem to have lost it.

Also if anyone could mail me the WikedGL drivers for the VooDoo1 to me I'd be very grateful, or even the file's name so i can googlise it and get it that way. they don't seem to be on the site anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That was my post. Logged in from College. Whoever was on before me obviously ticked for windows to remeber this password etc. Crap.

Well at least i know now that my Student Services Acc. doesn't rap cookies....

Anyone know the line for the .bat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Heres a copy and paste from : http://www.bahnhof.se/~engstrom/e_voodoo_clock.htm

To change the clock frequency of the Voodoo Graphics chip, you set the environment variable SST_GRXCLK to a value reflecting the frequency. The easiest way to do that is often to write a specific batch file or to set the variable in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file. Example of a batch file for GLQuake:

SET SST_GRXCLK=62
    GLQUAKE

Advertisement