Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cyberpunx spamming several boards

• 24-10-2001 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Guy selling chipped phones, cable boxes n' the like is spamming several boards including For Sale, Technology, Games, Security, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Work.

Perhaps someone should politely explain the error of his ways to him.

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was gonna post a new topic, but this one seems quite apt:- I notice a lot of people(newbies) we won't mention names, who are posting grievances with a forum/board/topic/moderator on the forum where this grievance first occured, which is obviously not the place to post it.

Maybe a point should be made of moving these type of threads to admin, the Recycle Bin, or deleting/locking them as soon as they occur, or point out quite clearly that any personal problems with aspects of the board should only be posted in admin, or not at all, instead to opt to email Tom, or any mods or whoever./:me takes a breath :)

Just that I've noticed plenty of noobies who have made a point and been shot down, taken it personally, and gone and ruined a perfectly good thread(although plenty of longtime members are guilty too, but they don't take it personally). I don't know if this is a new phenomenon, but I have never seen so many disgruntled newbies such as - MS, who posted a valid thread 'No activity for Ireland Offline?' but then when he lost his arguments, proceeded to post 2 more threads, 'No activity for Ireland Offline?, part2 and/ part3', all containing comments which were taken personally, and his/her rebuttle. Bonecollector posted a bitching post towards Bob the unlucky Octopus on the Science board too, but that was swiftly deleted, and rightly so. Opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

1) i have never! found it required to become personal on any board untill now. when occy took it upon himself to impose his will on my views in science. (there is a fine line between science finction and science fact when expressing ideas) To remove a thread because of a point of view, rather than challanging it or ignoring it as everyone else is limited to, and then threating to delete any further posts, threatning freedom of expression and ideas. I further challanged occy (which was also deleted) to explain what makes him/her "an authority on the universe and its infinite possibilties" that can be explored within the realm of science, wheather or not it be, current science fact/theory or streatching reality slightly.

2) the original post that was posted was polite, constuctive possing as always questions to be either answered, challanged or ignored.(instead was removed)

3) further personal injury by occy was to express opinion about my nick and avatar and accusing me of Spamming?.

4) then he trys to rally further support for his personal opinions with the following Quote:

"In conclusion, ladies and gents...another dissatisfied user, and another Ghandi soon to be awarded I imagine. Huzzah. "

And then locking the thread.

This all becomming directly personal wich is the type of activity that is supposed to be avoided by all users of any board and is even more! so when it comes to moderators.

finaly i say... "moderator are suppose to be impartial and not! law givers"
    BTW (seamus:- I removed the post you mention)
    Correction:- (it was BoneCollector that started the new topic "No Activity for ireland offline") ;)

Advertisement