Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do if I have a grievance.....

Options
  • 24-10-2001 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

As an afterthought of my post here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=299391&t=4222#post299391

OK, (let's pretend) I'm steaming mad, 'there is no emoticon for what I am feeling', because someone or some people have just attacked me for saying my beliefs, or a mod has deleted my post because he claims it is off-topic, offensive, or spam. I believe that it was a personal attack against me or that I was not given sufficient tolerance to air my views. What do I do? (I'll let the experienced ones on answer this.

<edit>And lets dispel the strange notion that Mods are supposed to be impartial and objective in threads!!!!!They have as much right to post their views as the next person</edit>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

You piss and moan.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<edit>And lets dispel the strange notion that Mods are supposed to be impartial and objective in threads!!!!!They have as much right to post their views as the next person</edit>

Mods and admins should be impartial and objective when they're acting as mods and admins. When they're a part of the conversation, that's tricky, but the same could be said about the chairman of a company or organisation. The make-up of boards.ie exacerbates this, because we find ourselves in the situation where the mods and admins are often the most vocal in their own forums, but you don't become a mod or an admin by being vocal alone.

The MS example you cite on the Admin board is a perfect example - MS made a point, insulted the IrelandOffline committee in the process (in my opinion), and when asked to back his opinion up, consistently refused (or was unable) to do so. Bard locked it because it wasn't going anywhere, but when MS acted childishly and posted *two* fresh threads, I merged them all and reopened it. I sincerely doubt it'll go anywhere, but I've given him the chance. Just one more, mind.

But then I always operated "three strikes and yer out" on my own forums (not on boards.ie, I mean). Not 116 strikes, 7 handles, and a partri-idge in a pear tree, like Gladiator... :)

adam

Advertisement