Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best game to be installed on all the computers in collage???

• 24-10-2001 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I personally think that Half-Life is one of the best games for training people up but counter-strike is the main game now!!! We have to decide what game we will install when the computers are wiped next!?! ....... So any ideas??????:confused::(:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

try Doom(3mbish), quick to install and lots of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

is that the best ye can do??????????????????????????? im dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

HL in dM is a load of *wait sure that word is censored*
    plus if you have "warez" copies pretty hard to transfere around as it is pretty big.

Quake2 ... small 50 meg on a zip disk or of a site on the College network and easy to play. note I don't particular like the game but it plays.

what do ye think of soldier of fortune???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

SOF is fun for a while but gets boreing fast!

Stick too cs n tfc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well id say HL! eevn though I dont goto the nuig I still use it for all my new joys in the evenings, alos any nuig hl fans im sure ye know by now that hl is running on a mad lan there all the time in some lab dont know which one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by FatBastard
    We have to decide what game we will install when the computers are wiped next!?! ....... So any ideas??????:confused::(:confused:

what?? theres no deciding to do!! cs will be put on the comps just as before. it's not like were actually gonna play something else. ;)

I kinda knew you would have to reply to this one and i must say that i am seriously leaning towards c.s. myself!!! e.g. go home hl and quake and .......... and eat cstrikes dust!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

All you really need on college lan is a copy of small quake and a few good FFA maps, in all you can make it up for less than 10 megs. If all you cs fans ignored that game, and tried quake for a few hours (preferably without the ninjas as they'll turn anyone off the game) you would realise why all of us old-schoolers still havent left it after all these years. CS is all run-shoot-die, a real stop-start affair, what u really want is non-stop action:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

I agree with Osi :) I have smallquake installed on my network drive in college, extremely handy. 15 ping to irish servers, even though some labs have no sound, I'll still play. Thats how good the game is! Anyone who hasn't played quakeworld, should just ditch cs now and play quake. Theres a steep learning curve, but its so much more satisfying as a game. If I played cs in college I'd just get annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

has to be mini golf.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i like the mame emulator. classic games + you can always add other games on top of it. quakeworld too, but everyone in my place is crap. and i DO mean crap.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Quakeworld! Without a doubt! It's like 25mb, why NOT?

Alternatively, Half-Life... that way you can add any mods you like. Oi, shaddap lord khan, HLDM is sweet!

Sure put HL and QW on - QW takes up less space than a HL mod. :)

(maybe q3, but qw and hl would be about all the fraggin' anyone should need)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

why oh why would you put CS on

we got Quake2 goin in WIT, 10 pc's on the network, it was FUN
    plus its a nice change to TFC/DOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Allrite boss, where in WIT did ye get Quake2 going...we must meet for game some day.....i'll show ya a thing or two :D...

PS:Gerry or anyone...where can i get small quake?......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i sent u a PM there SheroN

enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Cheers for the reply anyway....means i can't destroy you in quake now though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Counter Strike is great on college LAN's. You can fill a room with all your friends and have a huge LAN game.

I play in one most friday evenings. Sometimes it almost reaches the 32 player max value.

Great Fun!

Advertisement