Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best Collage for playing games???

Options
  • 24-10-2001 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

:confused: which of our many fine institutes offer us (i.e. the humble student) a way of relaxing with a couple of frags??? p.s. also what facilities do they provide (both on purpose and not!!!):confused:

my campus, Tipperary Institute provide us with a very good lan system and enough memory to load almost any game!!! the net speed is pretty much ok!!! we are *supposidly* on the main a.t.m. backbone and on a system called tippnet which claim to have the fasted net speed in ire(i think)
    one prob is that the firewalls they installed prevent us from starting a server!!!:( :(:( overall i'd give em a 7/10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bitch[LuDo]

Heya well i have to reply to this one =) Last year i was in ballyfermot (Dame st) doing Ludo (Computer Games design) and we has cs on all the machines :) But even better this year they introduced a new course, multimedia diploma and were the first year so we got new computers, 24 kick ass pentium 3 1g 20 meg machines lan'd up with good graphics cards too :eek: so you can run 1025 x 768 perfectly while playing 23 others! all i can say is drool :p

Bitch [LuDo]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Pff, the year before, we had real games (Q1, Rainbow 6), CS didn't last 5 minutes.

Has Emmet recovered from the baeting I gave him in Q3 yet?

How on eath can you say cs isnt a 'real game' beats quakes ass every time! And rainbow six is alright but i mean it dosnt even compare to cs yet again :cool: Emmets always gettng beatings ;) Lol

What you up to now youve left the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

we got the multimedia thingy as well and the new pcs win2k and some other shíte but cs wont work on them. i could cry, no wai i did ;(

Yeah thas the only bad thing the computers we have are win2k aswell, i was well surprised that cs worked on them :) Thank god coz boy was it boring for the few weeks it took to get it on!

Bitch[LuDo] :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

NUI Maynooth would be eggcellent for cs with their 40 or 100mb leased lines connections. The system theyre running is, you can only install to the c:\temp directory, and when the comp is restarted it clears everything out of the directory. So unless u wanna install 180 megs every time you fancy a game, you aint playin nething.

Chief.

Advertisement