Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Dead ?

Options
  • 24-10-2001 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I know CS has come a long way in Ireland that is why I seam to think Quake is dead in Ireland. Would any one else like to Share there Views ? Who would be the best QW player in Ireland btw ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i suppose i have to agreee with you. Its obvious when you look around,,, no new topics on the quake boards... the is never anyone in #quake.ie... rarely anyone on the servers... no one playing pickups or anything.. never. LANs what are they.. they dont happen anymore.. and that site quake.ie it hasnt been updated in years cause quake is so dead and no one is interested in it because they all play counter strike. All of the irish quakeworld and quake3 clans have either died out or started playinjg counter strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Id say nDMilkMan is the best all round player at present. Duels and tdm in quakeworld and quake3 are his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Hayden

Well Thanks "podgeen" for pointing out that Ohhhhh so helpfull info :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

the quake boards are not really dead just going down hill a bit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

FH still play Q3, also Bio, but could they're about as Irish as Andy Townsend....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

perhaps more ppl will be interested if quake 4 becomes a great success in the online scene. Pray :)

But, why has Quakes popularity dropped so much? CS maybe popular but imho the worlds best gamers are still Quakers and why would someone stop being interested in one game just coz they are playing another? Thats certainly not my attitude neway.

That Osiris chap, and Quozl, and Koopa are fairly vicious at the old QW and Q3 I must say but I wouldn't know enough to say if they are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i play QW :O
    ok im pretty crap but i still count ?

Advertisement