Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email to sms message

• 24-10-2001 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

does anyone know if there is a free email to sms message converter? I know there are in the uk e.g. genie and am looking for one here so that people can email something like sms@087..... and this gets to me on my mobile via a sms message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ahh theres several of them.. can't quite recall off the top of my head though, most of them are incredibly slow.

if youve signed up for eircell.. 08700000@e-merge.ie should allow ppl to send mail to your phone, not as an sms though.

could always try, www.mtnsms.com I know i signed up for it a while back but never actually used it so no clue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

+35387.......@esms.nu

will do it (swap out the 87 for other networks)

I think they'll send you a mail after a month saying you'll need to pay to use it further (that's the way I remember it when I started using it from my home e-mail last year but it may no longer time out)

I've started using it from my work address recently, way I'm going to work around time out period if it happens is to use my mailshell a/c to fabricate e-mail addresses on the fly (OT and subject for another day)

Kali, the e-merge one will only send a 'new mail alert' to your phone

Advertisement