Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone out there done the film course in dun laoghaire or any where else?

Options
  • 24-10-2001 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I know it has nothing to do with anything here.....but I'd be interested to here any feedback from anyone who has done or is doing one of the film courses? Anyone????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarah-presence

:rolleyes:

I don't do the film course myself, but I do do Model Makeing and special effects in Dun laoigh, and we often do work with some of the film students. Also i've a few mates doing it so I could find out a bit.

What I do know is that it seems to be a great course. You cover all aspects of film from camera work/lighting, script writing and direction. It's quite intensive as far as I can see but excellent results come out of them year after year.

For your portfolio, you'd need everything you've done to date with any aspect that can be used in film, ie lighting work, sound, direction, writing, acting.

Your best bet if you want to go is to make an appointment to come to the college, talk with the student nd get a portfolio persective.

If you are thinking of going, I think that Dunlaoigh has so much to offer to anyone wanting to do anything in the media world, because you get to mingle with all the other people you would meet in the film world. It's sometimes like a bit of a mini hollywood out here sometimes- film peoples, tv people, modelmakers,makeup, production design ect.... and most important beers cheap too!

Advertisement