Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Prince of Ego

Options
  • 25-10-2001 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Let me preface this by saying that Will Smith fills a void for a certain niche of talent. He has been lucky to be in several movies that were big hits, but by no means has he ever once carried a whole movie by himself (successfully). We will have to wait and see with the biopic "Ali".

Now that said, it looks like ole Will has surrounded himself with more yes-men than MC Hammer did. Get a load of this:
    "Making movies and music and entertainment [are] just a pit stop on the way to my true greatness," Smith declares in the December issue of Playboy. "I honestly think I could be the President of the U.S. if I really wanted to." A lot of people who have been blessed with this forum aren't really smart," says Smith. "I have educated myself beyond a lot of my peers."

I guess if your peers are Ole Dirty Bastard, and P-Diddy, then yep you probably have a little sumthin sumthin over them, but come on man. This is almost as bad as when P-diddy said he would be getting Two Oscars this year. I honestly wouldn't vote for Will Smith if he was running for Dog Catcher.

He also taunts his Hollywood competition.
    "I want Tom Cruise to take movies that I turn down. I want you to have to ask Tom Cruise, 'So what does it feel like to have to wait until Will turns it down?' I want you to have to ask Tom Hanks, 'If Will turns down the next whatever, will you take it?'"

Now that's a true delusion of grandeur. Will Smith has to be smoking some serious crack to even think that he would be considered in the league of those two. Come on Will, I know Fresh Prince really stretched the limits of your acting ability but guess what you will always be typecast into the same roles. If you're lucky Ali won't be a horrible flop, but do some serious acting before you start running your mouth off !!

:D

Advertisement