Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mod or not mod?

Options
  • 25-10-2001 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

what would it take to build a case from scratch?

i have certain air flow techniques i would like to check out. also there are a few other things like; removable drive racks, psu housing etc that i would like to mess around with but i dont know where to start. are there any "fundamentals" of case build, like materials, etc.

has anyone out the built their own case?

j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

First thing to worry about is static... it would not be a good idea to build your PC in what is essentially a giant capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i dont suppose your average hardware store supplies giant capacitors. i was thinking about static and i thought i could turn a part of my house in a static free environment (is this what your talking about) and then grounding it well when putting in actual components.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

id love to build a case, pity i don't have the materials or a spot welder :E

Advertisement