Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composing a limerick

Options
  • 25-10-2001 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

A teacher sets her class some work to do over the following week. The work consists of composing a limerick with the only stipulation being that it has to contain some detail of who the child is and what they like or are about. The following week the teacher asks the children to read out the limerick they have composed she points to a girl in the front row and says: "Mary will you please read out the limerick that you have written" So Mary stands up and faces the rest of her class mates and reads

"My name is Mary Brady
    I am a very nice lady
    And when I am older
    I want a baby"

Mary then sits down
    The teacher says "well mary that was very nice but short a limerick has 5 lines can you please stick with it and develop it for next week, but well done a very good effort" The teacher then points at Tommy and says: "Tommy will you please give us your limerick"
    So tommy stands faces the class and says

My name is Tommy Chan
    I am a very good man
    And my parents are
    From China and Japan

Tommy then sits down
    Again the teacher says "Tommy very good effort but again a little short could you please develop it for next week"

The teacher then points at Buck and says "Buck would you like to give us your limerick" Buck says " I didn't do one miss"Teacher replies "what do you mean you didn't do it stand outside the classroom until you have written one"

So Buck trundles out of the classroom while the rest of his classmates are reciting their limericks. About 40 minutes later Buck knocks on the door and says" Miss Miss Please Miss I have written my limerick"

The teacher smiles and says ok buck well done would you please stand at the front and recite you limerick for the rest of the class. So Buck, scrawled limerick in hand faces his class mates and says:

"My name's Buck and I don't give a f*ck
    about China or Japan
    But if Mary Brady
    Wants a baby
    Then I'm your f**king Man"

Comments

Advertisement