Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some fiction recomendations please

Options
  • 26-10-2001 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I need a good book recomendation people. No Sci-fi I've had my fill of it for the moment. I just read ten Teryy Pratchet books in a week!!!
    I'm looking for some good fiction(no thrillers), I have just finished Shooting Sean by Colin Bateman(really good book btw) something along those lines would be good.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

within the crime genre (taking shooting sean as being slightly criminal) try chandler, as a classic author. or try carl hiaasen, who's stuff can make you laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Iain Banks comes highly recommended in the fiction genre, try reading The Wasp Factory ! Superb book ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

In historical fiction, you could try the Audrey series by Patrick O'Brian.
    Or in military thrillers most anything by Harold Coyle or Larry Bond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Wasp Factory is a shocking book. Be Warned. Good but shocking and upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nimitz Class/HMS Unseen by Patrick Robinson

v.good books if you're interested in submarines/terrorists/special forces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The Meory Cathedral by Jack Dann. Semi-Fictional account of Leonardo DaVinci's life, including some really well weird stuff he got up to in the "missing" years of his life.

Excellent read.

jc

Advertisement