Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Buries Comedy Again

Options
  • 26-10-2001 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Luneen Live will be the first funny thing on Irish radio for years but it's on at 9pm on Fridays. 9pm? On a Friday? Are they mad? Why not a Saturday morning or Sunday or any other time when the show's target audience won't be out drinking their heads off.

"Join Luneen Keogh live from Studio Q12 as she discusses the issues that matter most with her eclectic mix of studio guests, callers, archive memories and regular reporters in Luneen Live, a new six-part comedy show in RTÉ Radio 1's Friday night comedy slot beginning on Friday 26 October at 9.02pm.

The series is written by Arthur Mathews (co-writer, 'Fr. Ted', 'Big Train' and 'Hippies') with Paul Woodfull, with additional material from producer Kevin Burns. The series features actors Deirdre O'Kane, Risteárd Cooper, Pat Shortt, Paul Woodfull, Patrick McDonnell and Paula O'Reilly, introducing Martin 'Fluther' King Junior, philandering financial expert Cormac Rubble, Micheál De Broinn and his killer bees and not forgetting Anthony St Clare in the hairdresser's chair."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Having heard Luneen Live I think RTE may have done
    everyone a favour "burying" it on a Friday night. There
    were two funny moments - the tongue twister and the
    somewhat facist Carlow Town St patricks day parade, otherwise
    a damp squib.

I think I read somwhere that the programme might be considered
    controversial as it lampoons the RTE house style well if Luneen
    was meant to be Marian Finucane it missed by a mile.

Mike.

Advertisement