Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me create a new uni games soc

Options
  • 26-10-2001 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for anyone who has set one up or is a member of one to post tips and ideas on how to go about setting one up.:cool:

Ill give you a bit of background info.

It¡¯s the University of Luton in England

We have a large It suite filled with pretty decent P.C's.

At the moment no games (not even solitaire) are installed on any of the computers.

I think there would be little or no problem setting up a LAN.

I don¡¯t relay know much about how to set up or run this kind of thing.:rolleyes:

The reason I ask is that I think it could be a very successful society and there are good possibilities of international composition (with any of your universities) due to the airport.

Any help you can give would be apreciated.

Doc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

Well I'm president of the University of Limerick Games Soc Fragnet. although I am new to this (thank you soc :-) )

we have the hardware problem as we can't offically used uni systems for playing computer games plus thanks to the type of network setup some games can't be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by Doc
    I'm looking for anyone who has set one up or is a member of one to post tips and ideas on how to go about setting one up.:cool:

We have a large It suite filled with pretty decent P.C's.

At the moment no games (not even solitaire) are installed on any of the computers.

I suppose first of all, speak with the Adminsitrators of the IT suite, to see if they will even let you use the computers for a Gaming Soc or games for that matter.

I think there would be little or no problem setting up a LAN.

I don¡¯t relay know much about how to set up or run this kind of thing.:rolleyes:

Surely if the IT Suite is in the college, its part of the college network (do you have to log into the pc;s?), the network is there, and you have nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure how clubs and societies are run in England, but i'm sure u're Students Union would be able to help you out with the rest

Advertisement