Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New WTC Bulidings

Options
  • 26-10-2001 4:17pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

abs3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

In bad taste. Every time I see a picture of the WTC pre-9/11 I tear up. Maybe its just cuz i like architecture ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i was gona post that, but i am more biased towards OSAMA based humour and not the US side

just me taking the easy way out......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well you see I'm not biased toward any side, it's funny how some people seem to think that jokes on the US side are 'Bad taste' and yet on the Afghan side their perfectly acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 unsane

Originally posted by Blade
    Well you see I'm not biased toward any side, it's funny how some people seem to think that jokes on the US side are 'Bad taste' and yet on the Afghan side their perfectly acceptable.

what the hell is wrong with you dude, first of all that joke aint even funny. it's one of the worst jokes i've seen in a while.

but christ, how would you feel if one of your relatives was currently underneath all the rubble in NYC, or someone you knew was in one of the planes.

dont even try that, "if it's cool to joke about Osama" crap.

people are making fun of a public figure, it's somewhat different form making fun of a terrible disaster. in any case, all the jokes i've seen of osama, or bush are all extremly lame. none of them are funny.

CHRIST people like you make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

If you can't laugh about something it's already beaten you. If you yourself died in that accident would you like your relatives moping about for the rest of their lives, or getting on with things and expressing their grief through humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Originally posted by Dave
    If you can't laugh about something it's already beaten you. If you yourself died in that accident would you like your relatives moping about for the rest of their lives,
    no but i wouldnt want them laughing at it either.

Neway it wudnt matter ud be dead :)

whoops a contradiction there....screw it

Originally posted by Dave
    If you can't laugh about something it's already beaten you. If you yourself died in that accident would you like your relatives moping about for the rest of their lives, or getting on with things and expressing their grief through humour.

man, i'd want them to pay some damm respect.

i do not see any attempt at humor in that picture posted above. it is quite possibly the most unfunniest thing ever.

saps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm not actually gay.

Is there something you want to tell us about yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

the only good thing bout the pic are the buildings themselves

i like the design :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

LOL. unsane, get the f**k off your moral high ground. This is a humour board.

A couple of nights ago at a benefit event for the WTC deal, Billy Crystal said, "we were going to have an awards ceremony, but we couldn't get anyone open the envelopes...". Now, if the yanks can freaking laugh at it, you shouldn't feel so bothered about it yourself. Unless maybe you actually did know someone in the rubble... did you?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by beaver
    LOL. unsane, get the f**k off your moral high ground. This is a humour board.

A couple of nights ago at a benefit event for the WTC deal, Billy Crystal said, "we were going to have an awards ceremony, but we couldn't get anyone open the envelopes...". Now, if the yanks can freaking laugh at it, you shouldn't feel so bothered about it yourself. Unless maybe you actually did know someone in the rubble... did you?

moral high ground. ! whatever.

that joke is not funny. if it were funny there would be nothing wrong with it. the problem is the fact some idiot is trying to get a laugh out of something by making a stupid observation, or stupid wisecrack.

and no, i did not know anybody in the rubble thank christ. but does that make a difference, just because no one i know died, does that mean I cannot feel sorry for those that do.

i think it's funny how people's attitudes towards the WTC attack have changed over the past month. on the 11-9 everyone was expressing how shocked they were by this whole thing, and expressing their grief over what has happened.

now people are cracking wise about it. and making out like it's some stupid thing that happened in NYC.

i forsee some sap on this board explaining to me that the reason for this is because "people are getting over it", whatever. people can get over a tragedy without trivialising it.
    unsane, get the f**k off your moral high ground. This is a humour board.

in which case that "joke" should not be here because IT IS NOT FUNNY, regardless of what happened last month.

saps.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I do not want to get involved in this "debate".

However, if Unsane you are American then you should inform the others as it may help to put your views into perspective.

If you are not American I apologise (your use of language suggests to me that you may be).

Originally posted by Samson
    I do not want to get involved in this "debate".

However, if Unsane you are American then you should inform the others as it may help to put your views into perspective.

If you are not American I apologise (your use of language suggests to me that you may be).

I am not American, I am Irish, but like a lot of Irish people I do have relations in the US, but I do not see how that would "put my argument into perspective".

I feel bad for the people that have been affected by this tragedy, and for those that lost their lives.

Humor as a means of recovery only works if it is funny, as I have repeated many times this "joke" is not funny to the highest degree, it could not be any less funny if Bobby Davro told it.

n.b. when have you ever heard an american call someone a sap.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Personally, my attitude to this has been the same from the beginning. I have every sympathy for those affected by this, naturally. However, if someone cracked a joke about Nazi Germany today, it probably wouldn't be seen as being in particularly bad taste... time is a factor for many people.

Anyway, this thread is headed into Humanities territory, so I'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by beaver
    However, if someone cracked a joke about Nazi Germany today, it probably wouldn't be seen as being in particularly bad taste... time is a factor for many people.

tell that to a Jew who's grandparents died in a concentration camp.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Coming from someone with a signature like yours I think we can all assume that you have the mental age of about 12 and it would be better if we just ignored you from now on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

unsane, you're clearly upset, but if you can't laugh at something - even something as serious as the September 11th Terrorist attacks on the US, then you need help.

Please don't come onto this board flaming others.

That is all - thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement