Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

catch a load of this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

rofl.. i saw that in the paper - 300 yards off the coast, imagine seeing that thing swim under your boat :)
    but... whats people doing fishing for tuna with a rod that close to the shore? i never knew ppl did this in ireland.. is it only in donegal? was it a fluke while fishing for skate or something? what kind of bait(lure?)/hooks/line/rod/reel did he have? how deep was the water? i know they go angling for tuna in west coast USA, but until this i've never heard of it in ireland.

was it actually a rod and reel like? because i've seen the way my father used to get tuna commercially, sometimes he'd have muppets in a load of this light tangle wire stuff and huge 3-way hooks with no barbs... that wouldn't actually be termed "angling" though surely....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hurrah - with Tuna thi ssize off our coast, we'll soon be able to welcome the white Shark.....G'bye Donegal swimmers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Illkillya
    rofl.. i saw that in the paper - 300 yards off the coast, imagine seeing that thing swim under your boat :)
    but... whats people doing fishing for tuna with a rod that close to the shore?
    i think they were coming back from grounds a lot further out
    jd

Advertisement