Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOw do I post a poll?

Options
  • 26-10-2001 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

This is a real question folks. I haven't posted a poll before and I'm running into some difficulty. So how do I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, only moderators can post polls, otherwise you'd get people posting all sorts of silly polls like 'what's your favourite cheese?'. If you think we should have a poll, just email a mod(preferably Bard, he seems to be the only one who knows how), and they'll accept or reject ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Most mods know how, unfortunately a lot who have Ie can't due to ongoing technical difficulties for which we apologise in advance for.

amp: who just cannot summon the willpower to download Opera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

amp: who just cannot summon the willpower to download Opera.

Is that ironic rite now considering you've just downloaded Opera??!!
    Poor amp...his love for polls is too great....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's on the dvd copy of Pc Format. So I didn't download it Therefore it's not ironic. Thus I win!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

It's fat ladies singing about being Nordic Gods, or failing that, it's an Internet Browser like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer.

Lots of people like Opera because it's small, fast and standards-compliant: however, some stuff (like plugins) will not work in it.

[BTW, the reason for the edit on the first post was because I wanted to try out my moderator superpowers, and the subject line originally read HOw rather than how. So there.]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

It's on the dvd copy of Pc Format. So I didn't download it Therefore it's not ironic. Thus I win!

Dammit to hell!!! :D

Ah well.....your right ...you win!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by zenith
    Lots of people like Opera because it's small, fast and standards-compliant: however, some stuff (like plugins) will not work in it.

What "plugins"?

[BTW, the reason for the edit on the first post was because I wanted to try out my moderator superpowers, and the subject line originally read HOw rather than how. So there.]

That was no "moderator superpower" - anyone can change the subject line in their own posts... it still didn't change the subject line for the overall thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Ah thank the lord for a bit of forum-onial friction. This place is sickeningly helpful.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Ah I don't mind zenith. Work away boy! Just as long as you don't change the content to make it look like I'm saying something I'm not. Purple monkey dishwasher. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Hi Bard,

http://www.opera.com/docs/plugins/

I'm slightly wrong (or, at least, slightly out of date.)

Plug-ins are software programs that extend the capabilities of your browser in specific ways. A plug-in could give you the ability to play audio samples or view video movies. Opera (now) supports most Netscape Compatible Plug-ins.

For example, to play Shockwave Flash content, you need the Shockwave Flash plugin.

Also, I wasn't changing the subject line of my own post, silly. I was changing it in Puck's. And discovering that vbulletin keeps the original in the navigation on the top, which is a bit of a 'feature'. But you already knew all that.

Now feck off back to IOFFL, where you belong. I remember your first day as moderator too, buddy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Advertisement