Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry to add yet another modem question but...

• 30-04-2000 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Any help on my problem would be greatly appreciated.
    I had a 33.6k V.34 Hayes accura modem on which i usually got about 310-400 ping and almost no packet loss.(Im connected to Eircom btw)I recently got a 56k.V90 Creative modem and get from 190 to 290/300 ping,somtimes a little higher,which (in my opinion) is very ****in' good compared to what im used to.But i get enormous packet loss!.It can be 17% 1 second and then shoot up to 80% then 90% then 100% and stay like that for a good 2mins usually.I lag out at least once a round in CS terms.
    But i tried useing Esat free a few days ago and got a slightly higher ping but almost no packet loss!...Eircom should supposeadly be giving much better connection considering im subscribed to them ,but Esat free seems better.

If YoU SpRiNkLe WhEn YoU TiNkLe PlEaSe Be SwEeT aNd WiPe ThE SeAt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Eircom connects are giving a lot of people ping spikes lately. Nothing we can do but sit and wait for adsl or cable.

Advertisement