Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2000 + Half-Life = Problem for me!

• 27-10-2001 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I have a small problem it's not really a problem just annoying! In the Café I work in there are users set up. "internet" is the standard user can browse the web use Microsoft Office, Download, Print but "can't install stuff"*. There is then an Administrator User. I installed Half-Life under "ADministrator" and can't get Half-Life to run under "Internet". When you run the program the HDD light flickers and then nothing! I have changed the permissions to "Full Control" for the internet user in the Sierra Folder and all the files in there too but I still get the same problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

"can't install stuff"* Reason: So if they Download app's they can't install em, to prevent cluttering up of the Hard Drive, and previous problems where people installed drivers they downloaded causing lots of work for me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Thats your tracking mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Ahh yes it's my tracking ElMarco! Thanks. Idiot! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

it sounds like the Admin account is setup to only alow it to use programs that it installs.

Advertisement