Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name this game and others.

Options
  • 27-10-2001 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

It's old.

It's like chess only you had a number of pieces. From what I remember you had two main pieces which fired a laser.

Each other piece had a part reflective surface, so you had mirrors or shields. You had a couple of pieces with full shield so the lasers couldn't destroy, and these pieces could stomp on other pieces.

The objective was to kill the other players King either by laser or stomping on it.

So what was the game?

----
    Next one, it was made I think by the people who made "The Sentinel". You were basically in a maze with moving spheres. You had to either escape or get to the center (I forget).

----
    Last one, there was an electronic board game called "The Generals". Was that ever made into a game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The middle one could be 'Icebreaker' which is on Underdogs. Sounds roughly similar, decriptions a bit bloody vague though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Um... is it chess?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

*slap* since when did chess have weapons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Castor Troy
    The middle one could be 'Icebreaker' which is on Underdogs. Sounds roughly similar, decriptions a bit bloody vague though :)

Found out the name of the game. It's "Gyron". No PC version ever made though. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Hobbes
    *slap* since when did chess have weapons. :)

Chess III Arena then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Battlechess!!!!

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I remember having a game of chess with lasers, and surprisingly it was called "Laser Chess".
    This was a shareware game though on my old Atari, so probably isn't the game you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

That Gyron game sounds next to impossible:

Only 4 possible solutions!

But it could have been one of those ones that is so challanging that it frustrated gamers all night for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the game your looking for is laser chess, if you remember we used to play it all the time on the amiga :D

(hobbes refuses to play me in strategy games cos im a treacherous ****) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Thanks alot Hobbes...your after reminding me of an OLD c64 game that I cant think of the name. :mad:

Okay..sounds like what Hobbes described..but this one is really old. You had a maze of little mirrors. The mirrors were made up of '/' and '\' characthers. Each one represented a mirror that would reflect a laser in a certain directon.

The game was two-player and the objective was to destroy the enemy ship...so you strolled around in your own ship changing the angles of the mirrors so as to deflect your laser to hit the enemy ship.

Not a good description I know... :(

The only other thing I know is that it came bundled with a game called 'Save Me Brave Knight', incidently..which rocked \m/

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

any of you remember "Moonstone" on the Amiga, with the green, blue, red and yellow Knights, trying to get the mythical keys and bring the moonstone to Stonehenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moonstone! That's what it's called. I've been trying to think of that for weeks. We had a bootleg of that on the Amiga, but it kept locking up at the same point, and I loved that game, so locking up pissed me off royally. Cheers DaBounca I'll go and download it now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

So...
    Was it chess then?

Advertisement