Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exit4

Options
  • 27-10-2001 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

this is the most unbeleavable band I have ever seen live .
    Their songsw are awesome and they are animal live plus there recordings put most so called astablished bands to shame , this band has the one thing lacking in music today, sincerity .
    the band have real emotion and real heart in their in everything they do.
    the musicscene is so fad driven and especialy the Dublin music scene, with very few exceptions ( suckerpunch and corruptedamongst the exceptions) its refreshing that there is finally an irish band that are cool to like , God am I sick of pathetic cock rock 80s oriented bands in Dublin( you know who you are popstar,preseance) please shut the hell up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

And who the hell are you? :confused:

I've got it on first hand experience that Presence rock! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by amber
    God am I sick of pathetic cock rock 80s oriented bands in Dublin( you know who you are popstar,preseance) please shut the hell up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D
    yeah Dublin's soooooooooo full of 80's bands............{that be sarcaism}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

if that's the band that i saw playing in the pod tonight, i thought they were a bit crappy and samey samey trying to be hard for the sake of it.. i think it was them anyhow, i just remember they had a name like a boyband....

one of the worst gig's ive recently attended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

Jeez, 80's cock rock?!! have you even heard these bands, i'm sure sarah from Presence would be impressed, being the embodiment of "cock rock" and all... i wonder how she does it being female and all. If you prefer 90's rock, go listen to Limp Bizkit. Or go stick on some guns'n'roses like the rest of us and stick you're cynicism up your ass.

moc.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i've never heard Presence before (not to my knowledge anyway), but they'd have to be pretty awful to outdo Exit4. absolutely tired boring songs and the lyrics are laughably cliched. sad thing is, exit4 are probably one of the few bands in dublin that might just make it, because originality doesn't tend to sell records.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

make love not war...Amber, tut tut tut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarah-presence

o sleep

if you'd like to cheak us out you can down load us from;

www.iuma.com

(search for presence and we've got soom mp3s there you can down load!- there is a direct link but in do'snt seem to be worken at the moment)

or we've got are cd in road records

Pt:

Embodiament of cock rock mmm - do'snt bother me too much, only, that , I can never get that sock to stay in the right postion!:D

Skittles: I could'nt agree more, there's enough **** already in this city for people in bands, without people creating more!o sleep

(ps..pleas excuse that osleep at the end ... was trying to highlight the names and gave up....the computer did'nt...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 G-Money_2001

It seems we have an exit4 fan of limited spelling ability and claiming that the band are "sincere"

well amber thats a nice can of worms you've opened.

Exit4 in my opinion are bland, uninteresting and unorigional with a penchant for bandwagon jumping and namedropping, and average musicians at best. they are making a last stab of securing a record deal by releasing a "gimmick" song in the form of "Brittney" sample lyric: "like my man axl said, she's got a sweet child of mine"....axl rose!!! hes not really a product of 80's cock rock is he???...and when that song fails them , they go and relase another bandwagon jumper.

If the people on this forum want to check out creative and inspired Irish music (regardless of genre) then i would recommend the following bands (in no particular order):

Bell X 1
    Brando
    Blotooth
    Immodium
    Presence
    Popstar
    Skyjack
    Therapy?
    x-constant

I'm sure i have left some out, but those are the first bands i thought of.

Might I add that i do not have a personal vendetta against any of exit4, it just annoys me when seemingly ignorant people willfully slander bands who do not deserve it

I am not an ignorant person.

I am not a member of any of the bands mentioned above

I believe I have made my point in an educated and rational manner unlike the barely coherent kindergarten ramblings of amber.

Thank you.

P.S. please forgive any spelling mistakes, I am a tad stoned by now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

The Murder of Crows

last i checked Presence rocked (and not in an 80s way), i havent heard popstar but i've heard good things.......and i certainly havent heard any bands that sound remotely 80s in dublin, maybe you should go listen to some 80s bands and it might give you some perspective.....i mean we (The Murder of Crows) sound very....ROCK....but its honest rock...and thats needed in the world, i mean you can only listen to tool or the nails or anyone as intense before you need to stick on some green day or someone like that and it works both ways.....and the world has lost the majority of its honest rock bands....bands who are makin music for the sake of makin music, bands who want to give people a good time and bands that arent afraid to have a good time themselves...bands like Buckcherry and Backyard Babies......long live ROCK

peace&love
    mr crowe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Oh Deary Me !!!
    Maybe we should'nt play Take On Me anymore as it seems to upset one narrow-minded little Amber !!!
    Amber...have you actually ever seen or heard Popstar before or what ???
    We are playing tomorrow night in the Issac Butt with Corrupted and Otranome !!!
    I've played with Exit before, they are alright, just not my thing though really and their drummer doesn't like me very much....can't think why, I'm a smashing chap !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

sarah, that link doesn't work (at least not on my computer as it's evil). i'll keep an eye out for when you are playing next, but could you tell me what you guys sound like? who are you influenced by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

What do we sound like?

Fintan-Presence (bass) sez:
    SUPER-BODY-ROCKIN BITCHES!!!!!!

I dunno really. The ideal thing to do is to go to http://presence.iuma.com and stream/download a tune. They're all different.

More and More is kinda heavy.
    Whats Felt is dramatic.
    Dream is epic and lush.

Our influences are on the page too.

And the next gig is in mono, thursday the 9th of november.....

Advertisement