Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelcon 2001 your opinions?

Options
  • 27-10-2001 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I dident join in any of the rpgs but im sure they where good.

lol i sat and played the beta test of 40kroleplay.com's verson of 40k roleplay and it was a great laugh.

any way whats your opinion mabe ill cays there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

didnt manage to get over to clontarf castle to have alook :/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

Well, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone who came and I hope to see you all at the next con.

Regards,

Brian Nisbet,
    Con Director, Gaelcon 2001

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i really enjoyed this gaelcon. not like i have enjoyed the rest but in a different way. this time i did know more than 25% of the folk and thus met new folk which i must is one of the best feelings i get when i come back from a con. i met a new gamer. i always like this because it means that if i ever go to another part of the country then i can hook up and go for a pint or get in a game or something.

i got the same kind of feeling at gaelcon '97 but that year i was still wet behind the ears and was in awe of so many folk that play games. this year i saw a good number of gamers who are younger than i. i have tired to promote gaming in cork via cit and it has been very successful and i hoped that i might see more new gamers at gaelcon, i wasnt dissapointed. i hope this growth continues and we will see more gamers next year.

props and slops

props
    venue: all good. i shall be staying there next year
    layout: the layout of the con was great.
    committee/staff: this year committee and staff were all well relaxed. nobaody seemed to stress at all i think made alot of delegates chill out. props to the committee for keeping everybody calm by example.

slops:
    no guest: i am now asking for next year... GET RICHARD GARFIELD BACK! i missed him the year he was there and i was one of three magic players in cork who did not go and meet him and get every damn revised card i owned signed by the creator himself... end rant

i had a great time
    cheers Lir

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

I had a blast. 8¬)
    I loved being Bill Clinton for the afternoon.
    And My game of 40k Roleplay went well.
    Loads of good people were there having fun. What more could you ask for?
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Originally posted by KevDaEdbanger
    What more could you ask for?

beer, but im sure you all had plenty of that at the pub quiz :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by KevDaEdbanger
    What more could you ask for?
    :cool:

Hopw about the "Dancing Taryn" picture?? hey Lir .... do you want those pics I took ;)

The "Dancing Taryn" pic came out very well .. as did the "Brian nesbit strip routine" pic

I also have Emmett being mauled by Siobhain, and brendan (little b*tch) up to no good as "Gaelcon's answer to shaggy" aka " it wasn't me!!"

I've a few others in there too. SUch as the b*tch fight between 2 staff members, and some other suitably wierd photos ;)

hehehehhee

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

Originally posted by Lemming

Hopw about the "Dancing Taryn" picture?? hey Lir .... do you want those pics I took ;)

The "Dancing Taryn" pic came out very well .. as did the "Brian nesbit strip routine" pic

Hmm... ok, sounds very interesting... I wasn't aware that there had been any strip routines... I'm worried now...

Anyway, yes, I'd love them. If you have them in digital form then you can send them to lir@lspace.org

If not, can we arrange to meet or something... probably better done over pm...

Lir.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

oh yeah! thats right dont share the wealth.

j

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The pics shall be up shortly boy's n girls ... just got to pull out the finger and reduce the file sizes for general viewing. Each of these pics is something around 400/600 kb (jpeg format), so you see the problem ;)

The site is www.griff.cx/

when I have the pics up, I'll post a direct link to them for your enjoyment

Advertisement