Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a simple question i think

Options
  • 28-10-2001 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

ok so I want to move into my new house in west Dublin - and before I do i think i will get it all set up for cable modem etc etc...am i right in thinking that Ntl will charge me 50£ a month for internet access on the same cable i am already paying for tv???

Honestly this is such a load of crap...

Cuddles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

As far as I know....YES

but heck, I'd snap that offer up in no time. Cable modem w/ no download cap!? for £50.... Yes Please!!

Try €ircom ADSL then....
    £95 p/m w/ a 3GB download cap
    PLUS
    line Rental of c. £13.
    PLUS another few hundred for installation and equipment

I know what I'd be getting!
    Oh and BTW welcome to Internet Access in Ireland.....It Stinks [or is ludicrously expensive if avail:)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

£50 is fine - it's around £40 sterling so puts it on par (more or less) with uncapped broadband there (and the rest of the world).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by cuddles_ie
    ok so I want to move into my new house in west Dublin - and before I do i think i will get it all set up for cable modem etc etc...am i right in thinking that Ntl will charge me 50£ a month for internet access on the same cable i am already paying for tv???
    It depends on which part of "West Dublin". If by "West Dublin" you mean Tallaght, you may be in with a chance. Which part of the city are you moving to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its almost enough to make you want to move to dublin

almost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cuddles_ie

I am moving to a new house with phone and cable points installed between clondalkin and newcastle. Will phone ntl later in week to find out.

I suppose 50£ is better than nothing but I look at my mates abrod paying 20 for unmetered although slower access. I know I know - no explanations of local loop **** and Eircom needed....

Cuddles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im pretty sure your out of luck there mate :( I dont think NTL got as far as there before they gave up. I could be wrong tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If you are in an area where NTL do phone lines over their own cable and cablemodem Internet then you should also be able to get 24/7 unmetered "56K" modem access for ~£20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    its almost enough to make you want to move to dublin

almost

No way :) I wouldnt move to Dublin if NTL offered to install fibre in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by rymus
    No way :) I wouldnt move to Dublin if NTL offered to install fibre in the house!

Mmmmm.. fibre.... I think i need more fibre in my diet...

Advertisement