Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok Without Stepping on Anyone's Toe's

Options
  • 29-10-2001 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

1. What is happening ? Is there a 'Go Slow' or what ?

2. Is there any more happening on the Eircom Blackout that i might have missed ?

3. Can i help in some way ?

4. I used to get a frequent Newsletter/Update from IrelandOffLine. Has this stopped now or is it something i deleted in error ?

I am only asking... i am not trying to piss anyone off or otherwise ok. Things just seem a bit slow thats all.

Regards,

MS

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

1. What is happening ? Is there a 'Go Slow' or what ?

IrelandOffline is involved in political lobbying at the moment. Also, Martin is busy with his business, and Elena is busy being with child.

2. Is there any more happening on the Eircom Blackout that i might have missed ?

The blackout will be announced on Tuesday.

3. Can i help in some way ?

I dunno, what can you do?

4. I used to get a frequent Newsletter/Update from IrelandOffLine. Has this stopped now or is it something i deleted in error ?

This has stopped because there's not a whole lot we can release at the moment. You'll probably get one next week, and if the blackout gets coverage, it'll probably become more regular again.

I am only asking... i am not trying to piss anyone off or otherwise ok. Things just seem a bit slow thats all.

They are, but they're not as slow as they appear.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Thanks Martin

MS

PS Looks like me n u are Vampires hehehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

SORRY!!

i ment Adam...

I was talking to Martin (not the guy u know) on MSM at the same time i was typeing this.

Regards,

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭muchos_bongo

Originally posted by dahamsta
    IrelandOffline is involved in political lobbying at the moment.

Can you be more specific please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by muchos_bongo
    Can you be more specific please?
    I don't want them to be too specific if it means giving the game away to other parties who will be lobbying in the other direction. I'm happy so long as the lobbying is along the lines of stated goals of IrelandOffline. Just my 2 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    I don't want them to be too specific if it means giving the game away to other parties who will be lobbying in the other direction. I'm happy so long as the lobbying is along the lines of stated goals of IrelandOffline. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, especially considering that's the Errorcom muppet we saw before posing the question.

Al.

Originally posted by Trojan

Agreed, especially considering that's the Errorcom muppet we saw before posing the question.

Al.

I shall assume you're talking about me.

I do not work for/with or have any associations with Eircom.

If you have evidence to the contrary please present it. If not then please retract your allegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Trojan

Al.

I shall assume you're talking about me.

I do not work for/with or have any associations with Eircom.

If you have evidence to the contrary please present it. If not then please retract your allegation.

Well Al clearly said "Errorcom". Not sure where you assumed he implied you're working for Eircom. I certainly don't see it.

Why don't you get the "Errorcom" legal department to draft him off a threathening letter?

.logic.

Originally posted by logic1

Why don't you get the "Errorcom" legal department to draft him off a threathening letter?[/B]

And lower myself to the level of the author of the errorcom site? How then, could I be taken seriously?

Sure it's the actions and inactions of people like this (and the incumbant) that have forever ruined BBW in this country.

Why don't you get the "Errorcom" legal department to draft him off a threathening letter?[/B]

And lower myself to the level of the author of the errorcom site? How then, could I be taken seriously?

Sure it's the actions and inactions of people like this (and the incumbant) that have forever ruined the chances of BBW in this country.

• Advertisement

Sure it's the actions and inactions of people like this (and the incumbant) that have forever ruined the chances of BBW in this country.
    Please explain. What does a site satirising Eircom advertising have to do with broadband wireless?

How then, could I be taken seriously?
    You might consider making your case in a clear logical manner and giving up the petty sniping.

How then, could I be taken seriously?

From your current state of zero credibility you mean?

.logic.

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    You might consider making your case in a clear logical manner and giving up the petty sniping.

I thought I did???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=33891

From your current state of zero credibility you mean?

.logic.

I only answer to my peers, of which you are not one.

I only answer to my peers, of which you are not one.

I'm glad you recognise my superiority.

.logic.

I'm glad you recognoise my superiority.

.logic.

Petty sniping time then?

The Irish people should be so proud that you have appointed yourself(selves) as their representative(s). Luckily they have people as knowledgeable as yourself to guide them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cut out the sniping please folks, it's achieving nothing. If you feel the need to continue, take it off the board please.

In answer to your question muchos_bongo, no, I'm afraid I can't be more specific, for the reason ScepticOne stated. When/if concrete action takes place because of our lobbying, we'll release information.

Thanks,
    adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Cut out the sniping please folks, it's achieving nothing. If you feel the need to continue, take it off the board please.

OK
    In answer to your question muchos_bongo, no, I'm afraid I can't be more specific, for the reason ScepticOne stated. When/if concrete action takes place because of our lobbying, we'll release information.

Thanks,
    adam

And why not? Do you not represent the Irish internet user? Are you not an open body? Am I, as a member of irelandoffline, not entitled to know?

Petty sniping time then?

The Irish people should be so proud that you have appointed yourself(selves) as their representative(s). Luckily they have people as knowledgeable as yourself to guide them.

Again due to your apparent lack of any sort of coherency I'm not entirely sure what your referring to here.

Representative of what exactly? Are you taking a general shot at the Ireland Offline People here because I'm personally not an Ireland Offline representative in any way or is your badly though out cheap shot directed at boards.ie?

.logic.

• Advertisement

Again due to your apparent lack of any sort of coherency I'm not entirely sure what your referring to here.

Representative of what exactly? Are you taking a general shot at the Ireland Offline People here because I'm personally not an Ireland Offline representative in any way or is your badly though out cheap shot directed at boards.ie?

.logic.

I am going to respect the wishes of dahamsta and am not going to continue this conversation except to reiterate the question I asked above re lobbying.

I thought I did???

Really? You appear to be suggesting in that thread that IrelandOffline bullied the ODTR into opening up certain spectrum ranges without having any evidence to support the claim. Hardly logical.

Your complaint seems to be that IrelandOffline does not support licenced wireless Internet at certain spectrum ranges and is somehow hindering its developement. And yet until prompted, all you did was complain about censorship and Eircom parody sites. Why did you not mention it before?

My comment was that in my opinion irelandoffline does not represent the people it proports to represent. It is not aware of the political or technical process needed to provide BB to this country and seems to be completely oblivious of the commercial aspect.

My comment was that in my opinion irelandoffline does not represent the people it proports to represent. It is not aware of the political or technical process needed to provide BB to this country and seems to be completely oblivious of the commercial aspect.

Do you think you'd be better able to represent the needs of the people?

Have you the technical and political abilities and resources to help them?

Why not offer suggestions/assistance?

.logic.

Do you think you'd be better able to represent the needs of the people?
    Yes.
    Have you the technical and political abilities and resources to help them?
    Yes.
    Why not offer suggestions/assistance?

For reasons I do not wish to divulge in an open forum I cannot.

For reasons I do not wish to divulge in an open forum I cannot.

Doesn't stop you from being utterly unhelpful in an open forum though.

You obviously, according to your own admission are adamant that you're not going to offer any sort of help to Ireland Offline so why perisist posting here?

.logic.

Doesn't stop you from being utterly unhelpful in an open forum though.

Critisism never hurt anybody.
    You obviously, according to your own admission are adamant that you're not going to offer any sort of help to Ireland Offline so why perisist posting here?

.logic.

In an open forum surely I can proffer opinion?

No that is not what you were saying in that thread. If you meant it, you expressed it very poorly. You claim to have political skills. Being able to express yourself clearly is very important in the political arena.

I am glad you are not on the IrelandOffline committee. As an Internet user, I am glad you are not representing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hopefully this trollfest will end soon, and just for clarification, I'm not going to post a second reply in this forum, it would be a waste of my time, but muchos_bongo - How can you crticise adam and the IOFFL crew for not giving you enough information/updates, when your last answers to 3 valid questions were; 'Yes', 'Yes', and 'For reasons I do not wish to divulge in an open forum I cannot.' Your first two answers here are valid, but give absolutely no information whatsoever. And your third answer is exactly what you have been told by adam as to the reason they will not give you any more info on what is happening. Stop being hypocritical, and stop bugging them.

And btw, as an IOffl member, you're entitled to squat. Did you pay them anything for your membership? No. What makes you think you're entitled to know what they are doing?

seamus

• Advertisement

Duplicate deleted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement